Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Aww it’s so sad - but once things go back to normal I’m sure she will be able to resume dancing. My DD did tap and ballet from 4 to 20 when her dance teacher retired. One of the younger teachers opened her own school and DD went on to dance there - did one show and it was lovely - then Covid hit and she hasn’t been able to restart yet - but there are lots of really good dance schools here in Liverpool so fingers crossed Covid ends soon and dance can start again.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

My daughter also danced from when she was little until she was 18 ( ballet tap and modern) and went to Uni
She was at UEA Norwich and had a great time dancing their in their dance squad taking part in inter Uni dance competitions etc, ( obviously pre Covid)
It was interesting at her graduation ceremony you could really see the dance training with how she walked across the stage and stood for her graduation photos compared to some of the other graduates
Good luck with what she decides
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

She had made the sad decision to leave. She has just emailed her teacher and she is totally heartbroken. 😟
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Bitter sweet post 💗💗 my daughter and her best friends.

Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I totally understand how hard it is - my DD danced with the same school from 3 to 19 and taught for them as well. However, if it helps, there are so many dance opportunities at Uni - DD is in her college dance team and also competition teams for Uni- she travelled all over for dance comps last year and is looking forward to them restarting. We went to see her when she was competing locally and it was fantastic- such a high standard and the students were loving it. She will dance again.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
She had made the sad decision to leave. She has just emailed her teacher and she is totally heartbroken. 😟
At least she has made a decision. She will never forget what she has learnt - and I always think that all the girls that have danced for years always know how to hold them themselves and can put on a smile on when needed - good luck to your daughter - in sure she will benefit from all those years dancing xx
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A heartbreaking decision forced by current circumstances.

Close family members have come from dancing from a very early early age to performing west end shows to running dance schools. Despite partial reopening in the Autumn, their business is currently devastated by Covid restrictions and they are receiving zero assistance financially.

They and their students are so passionate about what they do and I dearly hope they are able to rebuild later this year, recover financially and re-kindle that spark.

I hope your daughter is able to go back to what she loves when she can.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

If this many people are dropping out, would the show happen anyway. How many people could afford to pay £900 with a good chance of losing it. Best of luck to your DD xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
If this many people are dropping out, would the show happen anyway. How many people could afford to pay £900 with a good chance of losing it. Best of luck to your DD xx
Its only the top prefects because they should leave at 18 but was allowed to stay on until October. The other students deposits money would be kept for the following February if that makes sense.
It’s definitely sad and an end of an era 😢
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It’s unrealistic to ask anyone to pay £900 for a show that may not go ahead. I think the dance school have forced your hand to be honest.

My eldest danced from 2 until she was almost 19, and then when she went to uni she found a dance class that was for a lower standard than she was at. But she joined in and enjoyed being able to continue to dance anyway.

In a similiar vein, she had skated for most of her life and was upset to leave the rink behind. I eventually persuaded her to go to the rink near Uni and just skate for herself. She did that for a few weeks before being approached by a coach there who asked to join the synchronised skating team. Something she has never tried before but now loves more than the singles skating she did for years.

My wordy point is dance will always be there. Just maybe in a different form.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List