Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile Virgin Atlantic Oct flights

Has anyone had any luck yet moving or doing anything with their Oct 2020 flights?

The website says only flights up to 30th Sep 2020 are currently covered for rebooking or converting to open tickets, but just wondering if anyone has been able to sort them out already.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

They've updated their website to include flight changes for bookings up to June 2021. I asked the same question this morning then realised they'd updated the site.

flywith.virginatlantic/g...r-changed.html

My parents also need to change their October flights to next year. It says about paying for potential fare increases but the dates they may move to are actually cheaper so don't know where they'd stand with a refund of the difference.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharon190980 View Post
They've updated their website to include flight changes for bookings up to June 2021. I asked the same question this morning then realised they'd updated the site.

flywith.virginatlantic/g...r-changed.html

My parents also need to change their October flights to next year. It says about paying for potential fare increases but the dates they may move to are actually cheaper so don't know where they'd stand with a refund of the difference.
I'm confused, the page still says 30th September? I booked last year so wouldn't be covered under the post-covid booking policy.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I'm confused, the page still says 30th September? I booked last year so wouldn't be covered under the post-covid booking policy.
When you click “when you’re ready to rebook...” on the link above it lists travel dates without all the stuff about having booked after March 2020.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re the same as OP. Booked last November, flying Oct 2nd. We have no option at the moment. Would like to move or get a voucher. But we fall between the options Virgin have stated on their website.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
We’re the same as OP. Booked last November, flying Oct 2nd. We have no option at the moment. Would like to move or get a voucher. But we fall between the options Virgin have stated on their website.
This was exactly the problem I had with our flights from Glasgow. Was initially told I could amend to an open ticket for £150 pp (there are 6 of us), then told no charge. Flights didn't meet criteria on their website. Now flight cancelled have gone for a refund. As still going round in circles filled in online form with cc company for chargeback.
Old 6 Jul 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharon190980 View Post
When you click “when you’re ready to rebook...” on the link above it lists travel dates without all the stuff about having booked after March 2020.
We booked last year so doesn't apply to us 😢
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
We booked last year so doesn't apply to us 😢
Same for us , booked last November to fly on 3rd October... is a special trip too so booked UC ... lots of money to potentially lose 😬
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I have read of someone who had flights booked last year for this October and they have been allowed to change free of charge.
Dogmad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Same for us , booked last November to fly on 3rd October... is a special trip too so booked UC ... lots of money to potentially lose 😬
Snap! Also booked UC in November and too much money for us to lose. If we can reschedule will either aim for Feb 21 (less likely) or Feb 2022 (more likely)