Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 15 Nov 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Celebration Town

Still hoping our rescheduled trip next May will go ahead 🤞. Now sitting in sunny Devon having coffee and my wife and I have just been discussing how we enjoy a visit to Celebration as it is so laid back and relaxing. We used to enjoy lunch in the Market St Diner but it doesn’t seem to appear on anyone’s radar these days. I know it was featured in the 2020 Brit Guide and of course this years isn’t out yet. I wondered if anyone had visited during the last couple of years.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Still hoping our rescheduled trip next May will go ahead 🤞. Now sitting in sunny Devon having coffee and my wife and I have just been discussing how we enjoy a visit to Celebration as it is so laid back and relaxing. We used to enjoy lunch in the Market St Diner but it doesn’t seem to appear on anyone’s radar these days. I know it was featured in the 2020 Brit Guide and of course this years isn’t out yet. I wondered if anyone had visited during the last couple of years.
Always. Our favourite restaurant is the Columbia, although we usually do D'Antonio too.

Edited at 06:21 PM. Reason: Phone changed name of restaurant!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We visit Celebration town at least twice every holiday but haven't been to Market Street Diner for years. I know it was closed for a while for "public health" issues but since it's reopened it's had a few good reviews from Dibbers.

Maybe you'll get more replies if you post in "Restaurants" forum - or maybe Mods will move it.

One bit of good news though is that the Emporium in Market Street has been refurbished and under new ownership. They were very friendly when we bought a new Christmas tree decoration last November - about a third the price of the DS shop as well.

Mick

PS I thought this was posted in trip planning when I first saw it

Edited at 12:32 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We also go at least twice a trip but alway go to the celebration town tavern. Never had a bad meal and love the atmosphere
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We visit Celebration town at least twice every holiday but haven't been to Market Street Diner for years. I know it was closed for a while for "public health" issues but since it's reopened it's had a few good reviews from Dibbers.

Maybe you'll get more replies if you post in "Restaurants" forum - or maybe Mods will move it.

One bit of good news though is that the Emporium in Market Street has been refurbished and under new ownership. They were very friendly when we bought a new Christmas tree decoration last November - about a third the price of the DS shop as well.

Mick

PS I thought this was posted in trip planning when I first saw it
Thanks Mick
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FeFe View Post
We also go at least twice a trip but alway go to the celebration town tavern. Never had a bad meal and love the atmosphere
My husband’s favourite place to eat, ever! He’s already planning several trips to Town Tavern and what he’s going to order. I think when he retires he’ll move to Celebration just so he can sit at the bar with a beer and watch baseball
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

It was so noisy, we walked in and walked out. Went to Market Street Diner and had a brilliant meal. DS went last June and we went again in Feb. both times the meals were very good.
Old 15 Nov 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We always go to town tavern lovely fresh meals. I love the emporium and so happy it’s open again always get new Xmas ornaments there, missing it this year.
linder is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by linder View Post
We always go to town tavern lovely fresh meals. I love the emporium and so happy it’s open again always get new Xmas ornaments there, missing it this year.
Changed its name to Market Street Gallery since new ownership but doesn't seem to have a website.

It was rammed with Christmas stuff last November.

Mick
Old 15 Nov 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

We went to Celebration in January, we visit every trip. It’s been a while since we went to the Market Street Cafe, it certainly went downhill a few years back. This time we revisited Cafe D’Antonio and really enjoyed it. It’s always worth a visit just for a walk and an ice-cream.😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List