Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 8 Jan 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mollybogle View Post
I enjoyed it but I don’t think the two leads the duke and daphne worked together, she looked like she was about 15. They just didn’t look like a couple
The age for presentation at court and debut was between 15 and 18 in those days though so that would not have been unusual.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
The Great starts on Sunday 3rd. Similar historic pageantry need to suspend reality a bit for historic accuracy but a comedy ISH. Will be interesting to see how that goes. It's next on my hit list.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1185715
I’ve seen the first one as it’s been on Starzplay for a while. Won’t be watching anymore very disappointing I think it’s the comedy ish bit that gets me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m watching The Bonfire of Destiny if anyone’s interested, period drama in France based on true events about a fire and I’ve watched two and it’s pretty good. Not in the same league as Bridgerton but not bad
Old 8 Jan 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It was a great wedding venue with really good organisation. The great conservatory was wonderful for the reception. The weather helped as it was a very sunny day
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

According to gay SM feeds, Jonathan Bailey is due to start filming next month (lockdown permitting) - he is being a but of a tease and good to see a high profile gay actor I’m such a top role
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
It was a great wedding venue with really good organisation. The great conservatory was wonderful for the reception. The weather helped as it was a very sunny day
It’s just gorgeous there, I still can’t remember why we didn’t end up getting married there as I know it was no1 on the list but it was 2006 so a long time ago, maybe it was the numbers? I used to spend many hours at Snakes and Ladders the soft play centre in the grounds when my kids were younger, if you’re local the garden centre there is very good too!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Just watched it all over 2 days, absolutely loved it. Can hardly wait for series 2. The Duke is gorgeous. Hooked.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Watching it at the moment. Enjoying it but I don’t think it ‘amazing’. Like someone else has said Daphne and Simon just don’t go together. She looks so young to be with him which makes me cringe slightly at the sex scenes! 😳
Old 21 Jan 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

And back for a 2nd series ...

pinknews/2021/01/2...53hJBYu5Zu2tfM
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hopefully series 2 wil focus on other family members, think daphne and duke have had their story told. Really liked her sister, Eloise, x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List