Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Jan 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

My boys just eat what I cook them (obviously I only make them what they’ll eat).
My daughter buys her own food as she eats different things. She is also on first name terms with the Uber eats driver 😂 She’s just had a McDonald’s delivered.
She works, earns good money and can do what she likes imo 🤷
She’s got a lot going on with health issues and wasn’t eating earlier in the year, so no way am I going to comment on what she eats.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We can’t have takeaways delivered here so it’s never happened. But if we could I’d be annoyed if I’d cooked and Uber Eats came knocking!
Also, I probably would comment on what DS was eating if it was regularly really bad.
I was his build once...

Edited at 08:19 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
We generally eat at the table, certainly if we are more than two of us but I would hate to be so prescriptive I couldn't have a sandwich watching the telly or reading a book on the sofa.
I like to think I eat at the table because that is how I was brought up but in reality now I am getting older it is because if I dont I would end up with most of it down my front, on the poufe or floor - I am a messy eater lol
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Only one left at home now.
I meal plan and put a copy on the fridge for the coming week.
It’s just a case of looking and letting me know if in or not . If not then sort your own
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

If my boys still lived at home I’d have a little moan about not wanting my dinners for a start

Both my sons are married now & every time I speak to them they’re having McDonald’s or Domino’s 🙄

Unbelievable, probably at least twice a week they have takeaways, they had McDonald’s breakfast Boxing Day & McDonald’s on NYE 😳
Then my youngest moans he’s putting on weight
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I wonder why

It is hard to please everyone for dinner Sandra, so I feel for you 😘😘😘xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I should also add, my rule no mobile phones or computer games when eating. I hate seeing kids in restaurants playing computer games, we all need to talk, engage with each other, sorry, my hobby horse.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
If my boys still lived at home I’d have a little moan about not wanting my dinners for a start

Both my sons are married now & every time I speak to them they’re having McDonald’s or Domino’s 🙄

Unbelievable, probably at least twice a week they have takeaways, they had McDonald’s breakfast Boxing Day & McDonald’s on NYE 😳
Then my youngest moans he’s putting on weight
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I wonder why

It is hard to please everyone for dinner Sandra, so I feel for you 😘😘😘xxx
My ds and his wife have a lot of takeaways in Toronto they both come in from work at 7pm and are too tired to cook, I told dh he can’t tell them what to eat when when they live here. He said under myroof my rules but was joking of course. I don’t fancy having to cook for 6 of us every night, I think it’s also January and boring and with restrictions and me not having much in it’s ok to have a takeaway. Dh started the my mum put it in front of me and if I didn’t eat it I went hungry. I then told him I would cook his mum a curry or Mexican and tell her she has to eat it, she doesn’t do spicy lol! 😉
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My ds and his wife have a lot of takeaways in Toronto they both come in from work at 7pm and are too tired to cook, I told dh he can’t tell them what to eat when when they live here. He said under myroof my rules but was joking of course. I don’t fancy having to cook for 6 of us every night, I think it’s also January and boring and with restrictions and me not having much in it’s ok to have a takeaway. Dh started the my mum put it in front of me and if I didn’t eat it I went hungry. I then told him I would cook his mum a curry or Mexican and tell her she has to eat it, she doesn’t do spicy lol! 😉
Build an extension with a kitchen!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Build an extension with a kitchen!
There’s no room, they are getting a shower and a toilet and a kettle and microwave!
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I should also add, my rule no mobile phones or computer games when eating. I hate seeing kids in restaurants playing computer games, we all need to talk, engage with each other, sorry, my hobby horse.
Always been the rule in our house 👍🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List