Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

BA answering call in 3 mins

I phoned BA this morning about a flight issue at 09.25, not usually a great time to call. A lovely lady answered in 3 mins and confidently handled the issue.

I wanted to cancel an Avios booking made at midnight last night, decided not what we wanted and wanted to cancel within 24 hours to avoid any fee. Sorted and money back in 7-10 days, avios already back 5 mins later.

Well done BA, I expected to listen to the music for half an hour. Either things are looking good for them or bad, not sure
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Really ?
Damned if they do , damned if they don’t LOL
Mind you about ten last night I took a call , asked if I could help and got “well you could answer the phone for a start” (with everyone at home currently we are flat out and I’d started on calls 11 hours earlier , back to back all day) breathtakingly rude !
The call did improve and he even sympathised at one point about how busy we were but sometimes it pays to think before speaking as most people are working under pressure and those sort of thoughtless comments really don’t help . Most people are too professional to allow service standards to drop but some will. So it makes sense not to do it

Edited at 11:17 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I called BA and answer was immediate.

Amazing customer service rep as well, who did all sorts of jiggery pokery to apply my flight evoucher to a package.

BA have my business for good now until someone else steps up.

I also love their system and ability to put together good packages, plus you only pay a deposit which reduces risk massively.
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I called BA and answer was immediate.

Amazing customer service rep as well, who did all sorts of jiggery pokery to apply my flight evoucher to a package.

BA have my business for good now until someone else steps up.

I also love their system and ability to put together good packages, plus you only pay a deposit which reduces risk massively.
This, plus their (usually) excellent car hire prices.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Really ?
Damned if they do , damned if they don’t LOL
Mind you about ten last night I took a call , asked if I could help and got “well you could answer the phone for a start” (with everyone at home currently we are flat out and I’d started on calls 11 hours earlier , back to back all day) breathtakingly rude !
The call did improve and he even sympathised at one point about how busy we were but sometimes it pays to think before speaking as most people are working under pressure and those sort of thoughtless comments really don’t help . Most people are too professional to allow service standards to drop but some will. So it makes sense not to do it
Sorry, not sure what this means, I wasnt rude or unpleasant. I new I was phoning at a normally busy time and I certainly would not have been rude to the employee who answered.

I simply posted this because there is so much about not getting through to people easily or difficult conversations that I feel is good to post both sides.

BA have been great for me all along and this was excellent service.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Sorry, not sure what this means, I wasnt rude or unpleasant. I new I was phoning at a normally busy time and I certainly would not have been rude to the employee who answered.

I simply posted this because there is so much about not getting through to people easily or difficult conversations that I feel is good to post both sides.

BA have been great for me all along and this was excellent service.
I didn’t say you were rude , it was the whether they answered quickly was a good or a bad thing
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Ah sorry, I will explain my thinking, did they answer quickly because they have no business left are are heading down the pan?
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I phoned at just gone 9am yesterday morning and thought I was in for a long wait but was answered immediately. Cancelled 2 holidays (Feb and May) and used the vouchers as the deposit for a trip to Orlando over New Year. All sorted over the phone by a very friendly agent.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Ah sorry, I will explain my thinking, did they answer quickly because they have no business left are are heading down the pan?
Your original post was accurate and factual.

No more no less.

Take care and stay safe.

Disney332
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Just check they have actually done what they have said. I thought I had a good conversation on Saturday but he didn't do anything correctly and gave out wrong information.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List