Old 22 Jan 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Thanks for keeping this going, I dream of that candy haul
I have a few things left to post still.

I’m looking forward to your report! Not long now

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
We did the same!
So many skittles!
Ha ha yes we had loads of them … I picked out anything mint flavoured the rest got given away 🤪

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

More great reports!
Old 23 Jan 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Today was ‘Use up all the snack credits in Epcot’ day.
It was our last night at BC and we had so many left. We’d not really used them with the deluxe plan. Never hungry!
DS had had a few iced coffees and Star Wars drinks, plus we’d had those ice cream sandwiches at HS but that was about it 😱
Many snacks coming up!
You’ll assume these weren’t all consumed in one lunchtime but somehow they were. DS can eat this kind of food for England. Whenever we’ve been to Street Feast or similar I have spent a fortune!
We decided to play Hide and Squeak too. This was a little disappointing as they’d all been moved inside due to the hurricane but it was still something different to do

Presumably a croque Monsieur?

Pulled pork nachos? Or maybe brisket? Who knows?!

Absolutely no clue 🤷

This must have been real meat as it’s too fat for Impossible.

I definitely wouldn’t have tried it.
I’m not veggie but wouldn’t eat a burger or a sausage. I found most of the non burger or pulled meat options to be quite samey so this wasn’t my favourite day.
I’m sure things have improved hugely on that front now BUT it’s now probably all vegan rather than vegetarian and I don’t want dairy substitutes. I guess it’s easier for restaurants to just offer vegan but I find it annoying.
Anyway, back to the food.

A pulled pork slider? Clearly they enjoyed this one so much I was left with this to photograph!

Drinks!
Both of these came from the same kiosk (Hawaii I assume) and were both good! I’m sure that was a pineapple prosecco and the fruity drink was also alcoholic. Neither were a snack credit

Hmmm?

They both loved this bun

See, they do all look quite samey

I don’t think this was Mac and cheese. I think it’s some kind of gratin

A rib 🍖

That actually wasn’t everything. OH had a beer flight and I’m sure there was some brisket and something salami based with gherkins. 🐷 🐷
I ate very little of it so was quite hungry!

Dinner was at the Mexican on the water at Epcot (I can never remember which is which) we’d booked to coincide with the fireworks and had a great table.

Our server here was lovely. Apparently it was her last day on the representative program which DS chatted with her about. He’d like to work at Disney at some stage so was keen to hear bout her experience.
We started with nachos. These were fine. Exactly the same as the ones at the tequila place

Speaking of tequila, I went for the avocado margarita

We started chatting to the family on the table next to us who happened to have previously lived near to us.
Things got weirder when we discovered the mum was in the same line of work as OH and had worked on his team about 7 years before him. They knew a lot of the same people.
Plus the boys had played Rugby against each other. Small world!
That took my attention away from the food but we had something like queso fundido.
It was ok. Not as good as OH’s and actually, this had sobrasada (although it wasn’t soft) rather than mushrooms.

The only other picture I have is this and I don’t know what it is 😂

I’m assuming it was mine. All I remember if mine is that is was chicken based. I thought the texture seemed odd so shone the torch on my phone on it and found it wasn’t cooked at the thick end of the breast. 🤮
Needless to say, I left it.

We had a really nice time here. A great server, nice company , fab view and ok food (raw chicken aside) so I want to say we’d go back. I would use DDP credits if I had some spare but I wouldn’t pay for this one.
The park was closed when we left the restaurant so we had the loveliest slow wander back around the world showcase and out of the park back to the hotel.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who ends up with random snack photos

What a coincidence about the people on the table next to you!
Old 23 Jan 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who ends up with random snack photos

What a coincidence about the people on the table next to you!
I know! So bizarre

Old 23 Jan 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Today we said farewell to the Beach Club and packed up ready to move to RPR.
We’ve stayed at Hard Rock a few times but never RPR so we were excited to check in.
OH loaded everything into the car and we went and had breakfast nice and early at Garden Grill. One last peaceful stroll through the World Showcase before park opening ♥️

RPR was absolutely dead!
The guy at checking confirmed they had more staff than guests 😂
It was Labor Day weekend and anyone who’d been due to arrive domestically had cancelled due to Dorian.
We were given a lovely park view room which was not what we’d paid for but it was horribly musty so we did ask to change. It was a very strong smell.
Nice view though

I actually preferred the pool view. We could watch the ducks living their best lives in the pool each morning with no pesky humans.

We hit the parks for a few hours and had absolutely no need for the Xpress Pass 😂

We still had a gazillion snack credits to use so we drove over to Disney Springs for a hour or so to spend them on Ghiradelli squares and Krispy treats 😋
I think we managed to get 5 of the gold tins you fill yourself (They had none of the bags), a sundae for DS and then a few treats in Goofy’s Candy Store

We had saved 6 dining credits for dinner at Jiko so that was the next stop
We had chucked something a bit smarter to wear in the car before we left RPR but we were running really late. OH was a bit cross with us so to his disapproval we decided we’d go as we were 😆
However, part way through the journey I decided I might as well change seeing as it was dark.
DS did the same and OH was grumbling at us ‘you can’t change in the car’
Anyway, we approached some red lights and he yelled out ‘pass me the shirt!’
He’d got over his grump and decided to join us. Basically he was doing a striptease at each red light which I was chuckling at.
Anyway, there he was in his pants when he suddenly exclaimed ‘oh ****’
We’d arrived at the security kiosk at AKL and he was trouser-less 🤣🤣🤣🤣 DS and I were crying laughing!
Thankfully either the guard didn’t notice or was too polite to say!
We headed up to the entrance, a lovely CM called Tyrell saw OH and said ‘I got you’ and took the car for us whilst he got dressed and we ran to Jiko about 30 mins late 😳
Bread to start

Scallops for me

Some sort of flatbread for DS

No pics of OH’s… he may still have been annoyed with us 😆

Lamb shank for DS

Steak for me

I think this was their signature dessert. Something to do with a birds nest?

I think this involved rhubarb?

As always the food was excellent as was the service.
I really like Jiko. I’d happily pay for this one if not on DDP. This was a great way to round off our Disney stay

*at some point during the meal OH found an ATM so he could go and tip Tyrell in case he’d finished for the night before we left

Edited at 03:52 PM.
Old 23 Jan 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Today was Labor Day.
I began my day in a healthy fashion and watched the news

Dorian was looking menacing.
However, things seemed reasonably fine outside so we headed off for the day.
The CMs all said they had never seen a Labor Day like it and the 3 of us discussed how much money they must have lost. I guess nobody ever expected a pandemic…

Here is the Labor Day parade 😬

Everything was a walk on so again, no need for Xpress Pass.

We headed out to Yellow Dog eats for a late lunch.
This is one of our favourite places. We love it! They have the best sandwiches.
The outside area has been extended so there’s now plenty of space. They also have live music some evenings
I think DS had Drunken Elvjs

This one is a Black Forest Hambone

And I think this one is a Holy Crap.

We’ve had all 3 of these before.
So, so good. 😋

I don’t personally think there’s a QS anywhere near as good as this in any of the parks. More than happy to go for a quick drive

Edited at 06:56 PM.
Old 23 Jan 22, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We must have been there at the same time as we found everywhere empty too. We ended up in galaxy’s edge and food and wine with nobody there. It was all a bit eerie at the hotel as they prepared for Dorian. We didn’t really appreciate the situation until folks at home started messaging us worried about us getting caught up in the hurricane. We flew home on the Sunday totally unaware of how serious it potentially was!

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I love Jiko! The food you had looks fabulous.

Thanks for not sharing ALL the photos from that day 😂 😂