Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Dec 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Gulf Coast 4 Night Stay Recommendations

I’ve got four nights to “fill” after we leave Orlando and head across to Fort Lauderdale for two nights before flying home.

I was hoping to go to Anna Maria Island. My dream was a renovated beach bungalow with a private pool but it’s really hard to find to anything as they want 7 night booking minimum.

Can anyone suggest another area? Property must sleep 5 with no sofa beds! Ideally walking distance of the beach as well.

Thanks

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We love Naples and stay at the Bellasera, they have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Mobile

Naples would be my choice. Naples Golf and Beach resort is literally on the beach, not sure about 5 people rooms though.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked yo stay at the Bellasera in Naples. A 3 bed appt there would suit you.

Or, try HomeAway for a villa somewhere.

We wanted to stay on AMI but the prices were shocking, so we've booked somewhere in Bradenton. Not on the beach by any means, but close enough.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d always recommend Naples. I would have said probably stay further North though for only 4 nights, but as you are going to Fort Lauderdale, then Naples is closer to that anyway, across Alligator Alley. We always rent a house on Lely now via Naples Villa Rentals (Horizon) in UK or Homeaway.
But a cracking place is Indian Shores. Don’t know why but I really like it there (stayed most places on the Gulf in 20+ visits). It’s even better now as just over the bridge in Seminole, they built a good range of shops and chain restaurants. There is a really good value condo place, lovely it is, sandwiched between the beach and inland waterway called Barefoot Beach Resort (it’s on the inland waterway side of the road, but the beach is literally just across the road). You can rent a condo on Homeaway there it’s all privately owned , you’d probably want a 2 bed. It’s about Ł100 a night for a 2 bed.
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
We are booked yo stay at the Bellasera in Naples. A 3 bed appt there would suit you.

Or, try HomeAway for a villa somewhere.

We wanted to stay on AMI but the prices were shocking, so we've booked somewhere in Bradenton. Not on the beach by any means, but close enough.
We stayed at AMI a couple of years ago for 2 weeks and had an amazing time , thought we would check out some prices for next year too OMG 😲 prices have doubled . Looking at Cape Coral as quite enjoyed it there and prices more reasonable.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Try annamaria.com , you can do a web chat with them giving your dates etc and see what they can come up with. They also have an UK Freephone number. Always found them very helpful
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

I Really recommend this property in Safety Harbour
homeaway/vacation-re...b?noDates=true
😊
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
I’ve got four nights to “fill” after we leave Orlando and head across to Fort Lauderdale for two nights before flying home.

I was hoping to go to Anna Maria Island. My dream was a renovated beach bungalow with a private pool but it’s really hard to find to anything as they want 7 night booking minimum.

Can anyone suggest another area? Property must sleep 5 with no sofa beds! Ideally walking distance of the beach as well.

Thanks
Tortuga Inn on AMI has lots of different types of accommodation which can be booked from just one night. We stayed in a condo the first time we stayed but last Easter we had a self contained 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit which shared a large pool with the just the downstairs unit. We could sit in the pool overlooking the dolphins playing in the bay. I’ll post a few photos to try to show you how it’s set up. It’s lovely quality accommodation inside too.

This is looking from the private pool - we had the top unit.

The private balcony with view over the bay.

The view from the pool over to Cortez.

It had 2 generous double bedrooms and although my DD (Isabel) was on a sofa bed, it was a generous double - and although she wasn’t well and had struggled sleeping in the bed in the villa we’d had in Windsor Hills (at the time we didn’t realise why), she found it more comfortable and slept better here.

You can see the internal of each different style of units they have on their website as well as photos of their private beach which is 50 steps across the road from the reception. Any questions, please ask x

Edited at 11:00 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

We stay in Bradenton all the time its not on the beach but quite close lots of things to see and do there
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List