Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Dec 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Riviera video walkthrough

Edited at 09:06 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Having watched it, it looks nice but I have to say I am a little underwhelmed. Lobby is smaller than expected, pools look OK but nothing special, cafe looks like a Starbucks, corridors nice, some nice touches, lady doing the walkthrough is embarrassingly over the top.
Also it is kind of strange having this Euro/ French themed resort looking onto Caribbean Beach.
I don’t think it’s the next Grand Floridian, Beach Club or Boardwalk to be honest, but it’s nice. It does kind of resemble any modern nice hotel.
The 3 bed grand villa is amazing (although the decor isn’t that much better than the new SSR) but huge points to stay there. Best thing about the resort are the rooms which are great.

Edited at 10:22 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

It looks nice, but I’m not feeling compelled to stay or anything.
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

I was expecting more to be honest. The grounds look lovely though. I’ve been toying with staying here or Beach club for 2021. (I’m not DVC)
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Thanks for that. Some lovely touches with the art work.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Ooof that Tangled mural is just stunning.

Disappointed in the pool I’ve got to say.

Love the rooms though, was very tempted to have our stay there next November in a two bed as the layout is spot on for our party, but I’m going to save the points and go for OKW instead. Interested to hear the feedback once people actually stay there.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Hmmm, I'm meant to be staying here for 2 weeks next year. Wondering if I should now shorten it and then move to the Poly.

It's nice but I'm just not sure I'm going to love it, not sure I'm in love with the theming. I like to feel like I've been transported to somewhere far away and not somewhere I can visit on my doorstep. I think the French music would get on my nerves too

Edited at 06:08 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Ooof that Tangled mural is just stunning.

Disappointed in the pool I’ve got to say.

Love the rooms though, was very tempted to have our stay there next November in a two bed as the layout is spot on for our party, but I’m going to save the points and go for OKW instead. Interested to hear the feedback once people actually stay there.
The murals are a wonderful touch.

I’ve been watching more videos and the pools are the most disappointing thing for me - quite basic.
DVD needed to blow this out of the park with the resale restrictions, not sure they have. Grand Destino Tower, technically a moderate (a v nice one) seems more ‘luxurious’ to me?
The rooms are great no doubt about it.
It’s v nice, but just not as nice as I’d been expecting- maybe expecting too much.
I’ll reserve judgment though until I’ve looked around. Often the atmosphere makes the resort, and that doesn’t come across on video.
We are doing a rare studio stay for 4 nights in summer (may need more points, that VGC 1 bed booking is killing me) and it was a toss up between Riviera and Poly. Poly is now looking the favourite as we’ve never stayed and this is our only studio stay for the foreseeable future.