Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Oh no should we go to Disney then?

As the post says should we? I have found out it is SW convention 27 to 30 Aug the exact days we are due to be there . Will this make the parks really bust?
TIA
Old 17 Nov 19, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What's SW?

Slimming World? Star Wars? Subway? Second Wives?

Anyway. We could potentially be there 30th Aug so would like to know too
Old 17 Nov 19, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I’ve just googled it and it’s Southern Women’s show.
Old 17 Nov 19, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I’ve just googled it and it’s Southern Women’s show.
That seems to be in Orlando and this is the West Coast planning forum. Maybe its Star Wars - Deep Joy off for a rethink... ... ...
Old 17 Nov 19, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
That seems to be in Orlando and this is the West Coast planning forum. Maybe its Star Wars - Deep Joy off for a rethink... ... ...
Oops. Didn't see that. Sorry.

Yes there is a Star Wars celebration in Anaheim on those dates.

Cant believe there are 2 SW initialled conventions on same dates in US.
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are also there on the 26-29th and didn’t realise about the convention. We can’t change our plans now so that’s it, we will just have to cope. When we did the plan I just avoided weekends and thought it would be ok 😂
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Morning everyone sorry I should have been clear it’s a Star Wars convention
I actually only came across it as I thought hotel prices were a bit high and the hotel we want has no availability which I thought was odd! Anyhow can’t work out whether it’s going to make the parks rammed or not. I know they are there for the convention but as they are there would they try out SW land? I don’t know what to do now as I wasn’t enthralled with the parks when we went last time but thought we would give them another chance but now I don’t know! I know Anaheim will be packed. I can’t really change my plans (as in the route) but I suppose I could do something instead of Disney but the kids were excited to go :
I wonder where there may be a definitive answer as I don’t mind if the place is busy just not Disney. I even googled the best time to go in the summer which was the last 2 weeks of Aug(no mention of a convention)
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
It could be that Disney ends up busier one day either side of the convention, as folk will spend their time at the convention to see all the events and exhibits they have paid for, then add on a Disney day before they travel home.
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

honestly I wouldnt worry about park capacity. The convention people will be at their event all day and will probally only go to the parks in the evenings or like a PP the day before or the day after the convention.

Get up early, do rope drop and take advantage of the early opening in the main park if you have a 3 day or longer park ticket.

The crowd patterns in Disneyland California are very different to Walt Disneyworld. The wait times and park capacity is lowest from park opening to lunch time on a normal day. Having a convention in the area is not going to change that.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

We're there 25th to 30th but I have decided that if you can't beat them, join them, so have bought a ticket to the Thursday at the Star Wars Convention.

Have watched a few videos of these conventions and am now a little worried it's a step too far for me. I love Star Wars but this seems like another level of love/geek.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List