Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Jan 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along
You had some great food and glad you enjoyed your last ADR

Joan
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Fantastic report, really enjoyed reading it,lovely to get to experience the dxddp as with my kids,(asd) sit down leisurely meals are a thing of the past😂.We are at CSR end of August into September (then on to dvc),hope you enjoy it if you decide to go
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Oh I’m so pleased so many of you have enjoyed reading along! I really did enjoy writing it

I’ve found food reports so helpful over the years especially when on the regular DDP and choosing between two restaurants.

And thank you so much for all your kind comments re: my health. I’m still undecided about September which is unusual as I’m usually chomping at the bit to get back - perhaps after a little break and time to feel like myself I’ll be up to it. I plan on keeping my booking as long as I can so I don’t make a rash decision.

I’ve been to CSR before and loved it but not since all the expansion. I do love the look of both resort restaurants which I didn’t get to this time but they would make it easy to have a little ‘staycation’ at the resort if the fatigue got the best of me

Edited at 02:31 AM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Thank you for sharing, really enjoyed reading your report. The food looked amazing, especially Jiko and I'm tempted to give it a go this year.

I hope you're able to go on your September trip. x
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

great report, thank you!
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Thank you for sharing, really enjoyed reading your report. The food looked amazing, especially Jiko and I'm tempted to give it a go this year.

I hope you're able to go on your September trip. x
Jiko was wonderful. I loved the service and the atmosphere - plus the food was so good and flavourful. I’d definitely return.

I think my favourites were Jiko, Yachtsman, and Flying Fish
Old 13 Jan 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

I've really enjoyed this report, thanks Scouse!

We too will be on the DDxDP in August so it's been interesting to see how you used it.

I think we would always do a Signature for dinner, it's whether to use the remaining TS credit for a breakfast or early lunch?
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
I've really enjoyed this report, thanks Scouse!

We too will be on the DDxDP in August so it's been interesting to see how you used it.

I think we would always do a Signature for dinner, it's whether to use the remaining TS credit for a breakfast or early lunch?
Glad you enjoyed reading, and hope it gave you some ideas for ADRs.

In all honesty, I seemed to struggle with either breakfast or lunch as I was just so full. I definitely think if you can do early breakfasts and late dinners it’s doable but I found the later in the holiday I wanted a lie in too. I also didn’t want dinners too late as then it interrupted fireworks or shows at the parks.

I did enjoy lunches on the days when the parks where heavy and it’s lovely to be out the crowds in the air con. So my advice is mix n match but also don’t worry if you want to change plans, barring Cali Grill brunch everything else was super flexible and I had no issues changing ADRs, even signatures, last minute like the day before.

If you want to change the day before and it’s less than 24 hours to your reservation the app won’t let you but it’s easy to work around... just change it for any date in the future, book your new ADR then cancel the one you rebooked for a future date - hope that makes sense
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Steffib View Post
great report, thank you!
Ahhh thank you! Glad you enjoyed
Old 14 Jan 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Just read the whole thing, thank you for a great trip report.
If you are worried about stamina have you considered hiring an ECV for the length of stay from an outside company, it would give you the freedom to wander around as much as you like with no effort.