Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 11, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

A couple of Happy Places...
Orlando Airport... when we arrive, not when we are going home though.
Epcot, sitting in the pre show of the American Adventure watching the Voices of Liberty.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by roonlou View Post
Hello,

When I'm feeling a little low I always think of my "Happy Disney Place" to cheer myself up.

This to me is being sat down on the ground on a warm evening at Epcot by the World Showcase Lagoon, waiting for the fireworks to start with a nice cold beer from Germany and a warm pretzel to share with the ducks. And the moment when the music stops and the flames are "blown" out just before the action starts - that moment is my happy place.

So where is yours?
Mine is actually the very same as yours (minus the pretzel ) The Spaten beer from Germany was amazing stuff! It has sadly now changed We also sit on the warm ground and enjoy the pre IllumiNations music. Epcot seams to come to life when the flames are on, and the park light levels dimmed.

I'm not sure if you know, but if you download the MouseWorld Radio app for you iPhone, you often hear the pre IllumiNations loop and full show music If you don't have an iPhone you can listen at mouseworldradio.com

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
swanney01
Serious Dibber

The ferry on the first morning heading accross to magic kingdom, theres nothing quite like that first proper view of the castle.
swanney01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

just wandering around enjoying the atmosphere, the cast members smiling, the small touches of perfection, the "set dressing", the trolley! - the trolley song, a sam adams summer ale at world showcase - mainly being there with my friends!
Old 26 Jul 11, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

What a lovely thread... I was already fit to burst with exitement and now I think I have!

My happy places are ; the ferry ride to MK, warm breeze blowing in my face and the castle getting closer.
Sitting in the Fantasmic ampitheatre doing the Mexican wave with the show about to start.

Sitting in the rocking chairs at the store over at FWL with the relaxing country music playing.

The christmas shop in DTD

La Cantina in Mexico...

Anywhere in frontier land!

Sorry... that was loads.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A huge cliche, but it's a cliche for a reason... mine is when I walk in to Main Street in MK on the first morning and all the memories come flooding back (and the popping in to the bakery for a cake )

DLP - '12 (offsite hotel), '18 (Newport Bay Club)
orlandochris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Great thread.

My main one would be stepping out of the airport doors, to smell that unbelivable Florida air, warm and with a smell all of it's own and knowing that we have two fabulous weeks of magic ahead of us.

Roll on Feb...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 11, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Michele
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
First ride on the monorail at orlando airport and going to MK on the first day and hearing the Mickey Mouse song on the bus as it approches the MK.
Michele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 11, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
roonlou
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jam jar View Post
I'm not sure if you know, but if you download the MouseWorld Radio app for you iPhone, you often hear the pre IllumiNations loop and full show music If you don't have an iPhone you can listen at mouseworldradio.com
We didn't know this! Gonna check it out! Many thanks for this top tip!

Thanks to everyone for taking time out to visit their happy place, and then post it for the rest of us to enjoy. Some have really given us the warm and fuzzy feeling, and others drawn out a sentimental tear or two!
roonlou is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 11, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread