Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Aug 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

SHE DOESN’T KNOW THE HALF OF IT! NYC/Orlando - August 2015 – Update 2nd Aug – Nearly there

Shhhh – and she STILL doesn’t know the half of it !

We now have 11 days and 14hrs (if my countdown is right at the point when I started this)

I cannot believe – but I am over the moon- that we have still managed to keep the secret from Emily about New York.

So, what’s happened since my last update?

As predicted my DD and her boyfriend came to stay a few days before flying off to Tenerife – and yes – I ended up doing the holiday washing before they went back home.

What wasn’t predicted was that they got engaged whilst they were out there – so happy for them.

Got a refund on my return bubble seats from Virgin as they said I would. I have previously booked and paid for them and they told me to call back at 60 days before the return and they would refund me – I wasn’t convinced but rang them and they refunded and I still have the bubble seats (this is course was due to the fact that we had booked before November.

Mum had a fab time cruising around Madeira and the Azors although towards the end half of the ship came down with Noro Virus (mum was ok thank goodness)

Fastpasses all done (obviously not 7DMT – didn’t bother trying) to be honest once I had done the first day I was ok.

We have swapped our first day in Orlando from MK to Aquatica – a couple of reasons – one is that the scaffolding/fence thingy doesn’t come down, I understand, from the Castle ramps until the 19th and also I figure we are going to need a chill day after 5 hectic ones in New York.

Emily has been out for a meal this afternoon with friends so I have taken the opportunity to print everything off at home and get ready her present for on the shuttle when she finds out the ‘proper plans’ I have also made us some badges.

Got a busy week and a half at work getting things in order but by lunchtime next Thursday I will have switched off – I don’t actually finish until 3.30pm but I need to go on the office Cake Run in the afternoon as I am away for my birthday and I will never hear the last of it if I don’t get cakes before I go.

I’m hoping that the weather picks up before we arrive. I don’t mind a bit of rain and have been at other times of the year when you have those mega downpours for a short while but at the moment its seeming quite often and prolonged.

Thanks for reading along – that’s if you still are.

Looking forward to reading everybody’s trippies coming up as there seems to be lots of us heading stateside in August

Index here

Edited at 08:51 PM.
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post

You've done really well to keep secret from Emily I'm sure she'll be over the moon when she finds out 🌙 we too are heading out very soon & have been keeping a close eye on the weather forecast. Have been in August before & only short downpours as u said but looks torrential 💦☔️ Let's hope the sun shines for us but nothing can dampen the mood I suppose once your there ⭐️
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wimb88 View Post
You've done really well to keep secret from Emily I'm sure she'll be over the moon when she finds out 🌙 we too are heading out very soon & have been keeping a close eye on the weather forecast. Have been in August before & only short downpours as u said but looks torrential 💦☔️ Let's hope the sun shines for us but nothing can dampen the mood I suppose once your there ⭐️
Thanks can't wait for her reaction

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the weather
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I can't believe you've kept it a secret for so long, you must be ready to burst.

We went to Disneyland Paris earlier in the year, for 3 months I let my boyfriend think we were staying at Santa Fe when it was really the Disneyland Hotel. I am not good with secrets and it was painful to keep that one. By the end I'd convinced myself that he knew, but he didn't .

Have an amazing trip.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I can't believe you've kept it a secret for so long, you must be ready to burst.

We went to Disneyland Paris earlier in the year, for 3 months I let my boyfriend think we were staying at Santa Fe when it was really the Disneyland Hotel. I am not good with secrets and it was painful to keep that one. By the end I'd convinced myself that he knew, but he didn't .

Have an amazing trip.
Thanks. I love a good suprise .To be honest I can't believe we have managed to keep it a secret Over the months half of me has wanted to tell her and then half of me hasn't. I've resisted and am so glad now - can't wait til next Friday

Just noticed you are in Dundee - my daughter now lives in Arbroath
Old 4 Aug 15, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by academy View Post
Thanks. I love a good suprise .To be honest I can't believe we have managed to keep it a secret Over the months half of me has wanted to tell her and then half of me hasn't. I've resisted and am so glad now - can't wait til next Friday

Just noticed you are in Dundee - my daughter now lives in Arbroath
I work in Arbroath! I'm the manager of the KFC, the town is so small I'm sure I'll know someone who knows her!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 15, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I work in Arbroath! I'm the manager of the KFC, the town is so small I'm sure I'll know someone who knows her!
Oh crikey! She works in Lidl. I'm sure you will probably know someone who knows her - she's the one that no-one can understand because she doesn't have a Scottish accent