Notices

Old 10 Jul 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Sistersss are doing it for Themselves! NOV 2018 Pre-Trip Report!

Hello!

I cannot believe that I am already writing this! I booked last April when free dining was released which gave me over 500 days of waiting...we are now at 116 sleeps to go to the big day. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!

Anyhow...this trip almost didn't happen. To cut a long story short, I originally booked to go for my 30th with my (now ex) partner. Unfortunately, we split up in January of this year which put Florida into complete uncertainty and disarray. Fortunately, we split on good terms and were able to work this out with our joint savings, resulting in him being able to get the money he had put into it back and me taking a smaller share of the savings and being able to go. Phew!

With that sorted, it then left me with the dilemma of who would now accompany me? I didn't really want to have to go solo considering it being my 30th and my first time there. My dad offered to go with me but my sister (who has been just as desperate to go as me) begged if she could go. Letting her and my dad fight it out (not really, my dad was happy/extremely relieved - Florida is not his thing - for my sister to go in his place) and after a quick date change to allow my sister the time of work, it was all swapped and booked...even resulting in a cheeky upgrade to a preferred room for only £87 more!

So...to introduce us! Me, 29 (will be turning 30 after our trip but will be celebrating there). Disney Lover, Potterhead (Slytherin alumni...), gamer girl, if I had to describe myself in one word it would be eccentric! I am the one on the left since no one dares marry me...forever the Bridesmaid!

My sister, Amy who is currently 33 who will be turning 34 4 days before we fly out, so we will also be celebrating Amy's birthday whilst there. Huzzah! Amy pretends that she isn't a huge Disney fan but she is...she cried 5 times at the live action Beauty and the Beast ha! She has had quite a few medical problems recently so this will be a nice trip away for her. Describing her in one word would have to be poised!

We are definitely like chalk and cheese when it comes to our interests, personalities etc. (although we have a similar sense of humour in some regards and both live and breathe dogs) but she is one of my best friends and in a roundabout way I am glad that it has all worked out this way!

So! The what what what!

We are off to Gatwick Airport on Friday 2 November to stay over at a hotel nearby #LieIn.
We then fly at 11:40am with Virgin Atlantic on Saturday 3 November to MCO...upstairs seats booked in economy.
We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for 14 nights in a preferred room, upgraded the QSDP to the DDP, 14 days for the price of 7 park tickets, Magical Express and $200 in gift card form.

We will then be kicking of the holiday on our first full day at the Magic Kingdom! We also have 3 days where we will be hitting Universal, spread out throughout the fortnight. The rest of our plan (and the dining we have chosen) can be found in the vacation planner

All of our dining is booked so we just now have fastpasses to think about a sort. Of course the magic bands have already been customised...

We are so SO excited that we are finally going on our dream vacation - we have been wanting to go since we were children and to celebrate our birthdays there (mine at the Magic Kingdom, Amy's at Animal Kingdom) is the absolute cherry on top!

I'm not sure if I will do a trip report, but I just wanted to at least do a pre-trippie for the excitement!

Thank you for reading!
Old 11 Jul 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Looks like a great plan! You are hard core having such a Late dinner on your first night! 😂

We will have only been home a day when you go! 😔

Have a great time!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Looks like a great plan! You are hard core having such a Late dinner on your first night! 😂

We will have only been home a day when you go! 😔

Have a great time!

Kat

We thought it was a good idea at the time and now we are second guessing ourselves! We have booked an earlier dinner at Paradiso 97 (haven't updated this in the plan yet) and will decide closer to the time on whether we want to risk it for a biscuit or go for the earlier slot...I suspect it will be the latter...

Thanks! I hope you have a great time as well!
Old 24 Aug 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

UPDATE Sistersss are doing it for Themselves! NOV 2018 Pre-Trip Report!

If I was excited at 116 sleeps, you can't imagine the excitement at 71! ARGHHHHH!

Just a little update!

We have now paid off the outstanding balance for Disney - it is happening and feels so much more real now! Tickets for Universal are purchased and we have sorted our Estas. Not much left to sort now - just fastpass day to come around which won't be long now, booking the Caring for Giants Experience and last minute plan changes!

Basically we are now insanely poor and living like paupers but it will be so worth it. #Can'tWaitForPayDay

I have also completed my holiday clothes shopping - thanks ASOS!

What else can I report... oh! I have chosen which nails I want doing which is a big deal for me since I am not a 'getting your nails done' type of girl but excited for them! I am also planning on a haircut and a dye before going...going back to blonde since blondes have more fun...right?! We have also decided to treat ourselves to some champagne on the flight to celebrate so will be booking that a week or so before.

Not sure what else I can update on apart from landing a new job in the past fortnight which ultimately means a little more spends woohoo!