Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Wow scary lightning 🌩😟
More than I ever want to experience ever again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
The lightning sounds scary bet you were glad you were not in the park when it started

Joan
To be honest Joan, I think it would have been better had we been in the park and felt as if we had cover. We probably would not have noticed it as much and just had a grump about all the outdoor rides in MK being shut

The lightning was so close and I also know being in a car was a good thing
Just glad I was not on a golf course with it so close by
The more I type about this, the more I get reminded of how much we kept the straight face on for the boys at the time.

Appreciate your post - as always

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just caught up on your last few days and it looks like you had a really good time.
That storm sounds really scary though.
Old 13 Apr 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

A great start to the day.

We pretty much said word for word about IASW when our names came up (also without fp)

Grand Marshall for the day 😍😎. How cool is that! We can only live in hope 🤞🏻 So cool to stop and chat with them.

It’s so scary being so close to a lightning strike especially in a car 😳🥺💩😱

We got caught one evening too. Tried to get on to the I4 which was stationery for 20mins before moving a cars length, so diverted back and got on the 27 to only get stuck again, found a route to old lake Wilson road which was very slowly moving and vowed to missed rush hours as much as we could in future so had early dinners when we realised our mistake (again).

Pool time is the sanity restoration needed when you get in from all that 😁.

Off to read day 16 😁

Edited at 05:28 PM.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had a similar freaky magic band experience on RnR - I went in the single rider queue, didn’t scan my band at any point, didn’t scan for a photo as it was only me and yet my name came up on the poster in the queue and my ride photo also appeared in our memory maker photos! Don’t know whether to be amazed or creeped out...
Old 30 Apr 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thanks for the shopping haul photos, always appreciated.

Now I have the vamos song stuck in my head haha.

We preferred the old Hall of Presidents film; I miss Morgan Freeman’s narration. We have watched it on YouTube a few times at home and reminisced.

Can you believe they have announced there’s not even any plans for an evening parade to coincide with the 50th!? I do like to have rose tinted glasses when it comes to Disney but that this decision is motivated purely by greed makes me feel sick. The park is a sadder place in the evening minus a parade.

Tacos are the winning dinner I think!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

My youngest absolutely loves the monorail and even though we stay onsite and generally bus to Magic Kingdom we have to find an excuse to take the monorail every trip! One year we walked out of MK and took the monorail all the way to Epcot just to get a bus back to the resort. It would be her dream to stay at the Contemporary and I was actually considering it for our next trip until they stopped offering free dining there.

You had another great day in MK. We've never done the hall of presidents but DH is insisting that we make time.

The lightning strike sounds scary. The storms in Florida are definitely spectacular.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I do really love a good lightening storm, but that did sound a little too close for comfort.
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
An MK day is always a good day in my book.

I do agree about the parade. We saw the Main Street Electrical Parade on our first visit, and Pete (of Pete's dragon) spotted our 'First Visit' badges and shouted 'Happy first time'! It's those little things that make the day.

We also saw the Jingle Jungle Parade that visit, and really wish AK had kept their parade too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
Another fab day! We visited the Hall of Presidents for the first time last year and have since been able to answer many a question about US presidents whilst watching Pointless! You're right about an evening parade - I so miss Spectromagic. looking forward to the next installment
Good homework done for pointless

Not sure we will ever see a night time parade at WDW again Sad loss and had they actually looked after the Spectro floats, it would still be with us

Thanks for reading, posting and I hope you stay with us until the end