Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jul 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I started a PhD part time 10 years ago whilst working full time before I had my children.
Two children and thousands of PhD hours later I have thought to myself what am I doing. It was crazy. After a stressful Christmas I submitted in January and went through viva examination shortly after.
I now am enjoying my regained free time outside of work and focusing on my family.
Keep the faith. You have invested so much time already you can't give up. Hopefully your light at the end of the tunnel will appear soon 😀
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Frequently! I've worked in some capacity for the NHS since leaving school. I've studied all the way through my career there is no option not to in this job. I've picked some corkers over the years. Only degree modules but the independent nurse prescribing years ago nearly tipped me over the edge. Two small children less than supportive ex husband and a job. I ate slept dreamed of medication for 6 months. Just finished another module and I've promised myself this is the last big one. Good luck with your studies.
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Absolutely - I’ve recently changed roles at work (my choice) and just about to complete the training. Quite often think why did I not just stay in my comfort zone. But I know I will enjoy this role so I’m sticking with it. Hang in there

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Frequently i work for the nhs 🙄
Same here
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Also Nhs. Put on course with the two day exam on the weekend we returned from Florida. Sat by the pool muttering about medications and algorithms. Submitted the online exams night before we flew !
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
A couple of years ago I decided that to further myself and give myself some extra career options I would apply for a MSc in Risk Crisis and Disaster management.
Now some time on I'm sat at my desk currently staring at a load of textbooks which just seem to have circling lines of random characters. What I'm supposed to be doing is writing my dissertation proposal.

Does anyone else ever wonder what on earth they've got themselves into?
Just to say good luck with your dissertation 😊 also can I please employ you, as due to all the drama/pickles I get into. I could really do with a risk crisis and disaster management person in my life 😊
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I submitted my masters in palliative care the week I went on holiday in June. Took 4 years study plus working full time. So thrilled I stuck at it but that's it never again.
Just break it down into manageable sections or chapters otherwise it is totally overwhelming
Best of luck
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We knocked our house down and moved into two caravans in the garden with 4 kids under the age of 5, I often thought what the hell are we doing especially during the winter when you had to keep the water running all night into a steel sink so the toilet didn’t freeze 😀

Edited at 08:21 AM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Frequently i work for the nhs 🙄
God me too! I'm in neonatal at the moment , just finishing my 4th night shift. 23+3 baby born last night.

Can't wait to get in bed 😫😫
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Just to say good luck with your dissertation 😊 also can I please employ you, as due to all the drama/pickles I get into. I could really do with a risk crisis and disaster management person in my life 😊
thanks, but you might want to save a little harder...
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List