Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
There is hope, modern science can work wonders and the human body can be very strong.

My neighbour had a very bad bleed on the brain when he was 48, his family was advised to ‘prepare’ themselves. He turned a corner but was still very ill for a while and doctors said he might not make 50.

He was 78 this June, has a canal boat, allotment, plays table tennis every week and is a member of our parish council.
Aww that's a very positive story, thank you.
No news this morning, it's hard to know whether to text her or not! Don't want to be a pest!
Thank you for all your kind thoughts everybody.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Aww that's a very positive story, thank you.
No news this morning, it's hard to know whether to text her or not! Don't want to be a pest!
Thank you for all your kind thoughts everybody.
Text her, you're not being a pest. You could send short messages saying you're thinking about her and husband, sending a gentle hug, etc.
bella9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just text her! I’m sure she will appreciate the support.
Best wishes for her husband, hope he can make a full recovery!
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bella9 View Post
Text her, you're not being a pest. You could send short messages saying you're thinking about her and husband, sending a gentle hug, etc.
I have done, sent her one telling her to make sure she's looking after herself as well.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
I have done, sent her one telling her to make sure she's looking after herself as well.
OK good. I meant send a message every couple of days or so.

Hope the hubby is getting better.
bella9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hoping for positive news take care
Old 7 Sep 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
schnauzer
Excited about Disney

My MIL had a bleed on the brain last year. She was in intensive care for about 4 weeks but made a full recovery. She is 74. Hope your friend has a speedy recovery x
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

Sending positive thoughts to you and your friends family.
This and other posts brings home how quickly life can change..
Hug your families tonight.❤️
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

This is awful news and just emphasises how delicate life is and how we should remain positive and focus on the good things. Sending nothing but best wishes xx
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Unfortunatly my lovely friends husband passed away on Sat night.
It was something to do with his liver, I know he had problems with it but when her friend said a bleed, I thought brain.
I'm devastated for them, he was a lovely man and my friend doesn't deserve this heartbreak.
Hoping to get down there for the funeral.
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts