Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
soexcited28
Proud to wear my Ears

Harry Potter rides

Hi all 🖐🏻
We have only done Universal one time before for 2 days thanks to a hotel stay and had the express passes but we missed out on the Harry Potter train from one park to another,
Could someone tell me the basics please so we don’t miss out again?
We definitely did one Harry Potter ride that was inside in near darkness and we all sat together in a sort of round thing lol
Could anyone with experience give me the low down on what Harry Potter rides there are and which park you ride the train to the other park etc please or give us tips to get the most out of universal
Thanks so much!

Edited at 04:25 PM.
soexcited28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I think the ride you rode would be forbidden journey, this you access via corridors and along the way there are moving paintings and other scenes. The ride itself 4 people sit on a bench which flys you around through set pieces. This ride is in IOA , next to this is the small coaster the hippogryph and just down from here you will find the new hagrids motor cycle coaster. This is an outdoor coaster with a few set scenes, you either sit on the motor bike or in the side car. The coaster has a number of launch sections and turns. There are no loops but at one point the bike stalls and you go backwards before coming into a building and been dropped a few feet. Overall its a good coasters.
If you have a park to park ticket (uk 14 generally are) then you can ride the howarts express. You enter via a station and are allocated a compartment which seats upto 8 on the train. Once the train sets off you track your journey through the window on a specially deisgned screen, there are also some effects generate in the corridor. The effects are different go from IOA(Hogsmead) to Unviversal (kings cross) or vice versa as its supposed to represent going to or coming from hogwarts. In universal you have diagon alley and here you will find the gringotts ride. You enter via the banking hall and proceed down into the basement via a special Lift (similar to haunted mansion). This is a 3d ride you will need glasses. You then get into what looks like a coast car which has 12 people in, but 2 cars are connected. This then takes you to the first room and you will see scenes (projections) before the coaster takes you down and then you proceed through a number of set pieces with the coaster zooming between them.
In addition to the rides in both parks olivandors is a short show about selecting a wand (you don't need to buy one). But if you do buy a wand there are a number of interactive areas you can use your wand on. Also there is entertainment in both parks during the day in the harry potter areas.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Hey!

Harry Potter rides/experiences:

Diagon Alley

- Gringotts - a screen-based rollercoaster set in and underneath Gringotts.
- Hogwarts Express - A train that you can take between IOA and Universal (you can go each way) which keeps you within the Harry Potter world
- Ollivanders - they do shows throughout the day where a special someone gets to have a wand choose them
- Celestina Warbeck/Deathly Hallows Story and more - Stage shows throughout the day close to Gringotts
Interactive Wands - You can buy more expensive wands which intereact with certain window displays etc. throughout the the World

Hogsmeade

- The Forbidden Journey - the ride within Hogwarts castle, and my favourite
- Buckbeak coaster - a small kid friendly coaster next to Hogwarts
- Hagrids - New rollercoaster, have not experienced yet
- Hogwarts projection show - Certain events throughout the year include a projection show on Hogwarts castle
- Interactive wands - See Diagon Alley
- Hogwarts Express - See Diagon Alley
- Hogwarts Choir, Triwizard show - Stage show which takes place next to Hogwarts

There also loads of shops to look around in, places to eat, drinks to try, ice cream etc.

Please ensure your Universal tickets are park hoppers as you need this ticket to ride the Hogwarts Express!
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
soexcited28
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Amazing information thank you both so much!
Yes I definitely think the ride we did was forbidden journey and we definitely (think eek ) we want to do it again! I did find it a bit scary but I’m not a massive ride person I’m a chicken,
We 100% want to ride Hagrids too and will just queue as I’ve read the queue times are being over estimated lol
Sounds amazing thank you can’t wait!
soexcited28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
soexcited28
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The small coaster next to forbidden journey was more my thing haha I remember thinking phew that’s it! Didn’t realise it was for kids 😂
Old 7 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by soexcited28 View Post
Amazing information thank you both so much!
Yes I definitely think the ride we did was forbidden journey and we definitely (think eek ) we want to do it again! I did find it a bit scary but I’m not a massive ride person I’m a chicken,
We 100% want to ride Hagrids too and will just queue as I’ve read the queue times are being over estimated lol
Sounds amazing thank you can’t wait!
You're welcome, let us know how you get on!

As a huge Potterhead, I LOVE the Wizarding World. I cried going into Diagon for the first time!
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soexcited28 View Post
The small coaster next to forbidden journey was more my thing haha I remember thinking phew that’s it! Didn’t realise it was for kids 😂
It used to be a kids ride but lots of adults love it too