Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Oct 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Coronado springs instead of POR

So i booked a holiday for 10 people, 3 rooms for next august. After looking into reviews a bit i felt the POR may be going downhill. Lots of bad reviews at the moment specifically about lack of cleanliness and run down areas needed a facelift. Today i was going to change our rooms to CBR but was informed that although i booked all the rooms and paid deposit and are all in my details, only the lead guest in each roomcould make changes. Its very frustrating as now the CBR rooms are unavilable. I just have a bad feeling about POR. Can anyone advise on coronado springs? We are traveling with 5 kids aged 5 to 9. Reviews and rooms look great, only concern is would it be ok for kids. I know its a convention centre but with a nice pool but when i tried to find the activity lists online there was no kids pool party or disney trivia, i could only find yoga and art classes. Can anyone advise if they have kids activities there?
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Where are you reading these bad reviews? Most Dibbers rave about POR and POFQ.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Mainly tripadvisor. It feels like French quarter is a winner but there is no availability. I know reveiws should be taken with a pinch of salt but too many bad ones to ignore and its the nature of them that bothers me.
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer29
A Guest at All-Stars

We have just come back from POR - as in today

It's being refurbed at the moment, so by the time you go it will be complete.

Our room was beautiful, the location great for the parks. The buses were plentiful and I had no complaints bar it being refurbed
Disneydreamer29 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWlover
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I love POR and would happily stay again but in all honesty the cleanliness wasn’t as good as you’d expect. It was a bit dusty even when mouse keeping had been in. Didn’t bother us too much. We are staying at Coronado Springs next. I don’t have children so haven’t really looked into kids activities but I know they have the water slide etc. I’m sure any Disney hotel will be child friendly!
WDWlover is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Coronado Springs is gorgeous and does have a small kids pool and area but it's the most adult resort and there are noticeably fewer children there. POR is definitely more child oriented and also beautiful, I'd stick with it!
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The refurbished POR rooms are beautiful, you won’t be disappointed.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We came back from Coronado Springs last week and cant rave about it enough, it is absolutely beautiful and amazing cast members ,saying we adored it is an understatement! I would highly recommend it!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Cant speak for PO. CS is amazing! There are small pools, larger dig pool. Rooms are lovely, qs food options good. Transport was good too. Beautiful place.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

I moved my booking from POR to CS, but it had nothing to do with POR, as I love it. Simply, when I saw videos of the new Gran Destino Tower, I just wanted to stay there, and it was the same price. Excited to try a new resort!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List