Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We moved to a bungalow 4 years ago and we are able to have our windows open slightly but still locked.
We're fortunate that the area we wanted to move to has a lot of bungalows and the estate we now live on has quite a few and when they go up for sale they don't stay on the market long next door but one went on the market 2 years ago and was sold before the for sale sign went up.
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d love a bungalow and watching my in-laws struggle in their home has made me determined to set myself up in one long before it becomes a necessity.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We live in a bungalow and have tilt and turn windows that are 1m 40cm long. Plenty of fresh air. We have two of these in each room.

I love having no stairs

Old 12 Oct 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
I have only ever lived in a bungalow, so dont know what it would be like in a house.

I have no problem with leaving windows open in the bedroom at night, we have large windows and then smaller above, and always have the smaller ones open day and night. They are in the front so leave them open if we are out also, just close the ones overlooking the garden at the back, as very secluded. We are in a cul-d-sac so pretty impossible to be broken into at the front in daylight.

I find the bungalow very cool in the summer and warm in the winters.

Here bungalows are very desirable and sell very fast, as they just don't build them anymore, today i'm sure they would of built 3 houses on our one bungalow plot.

I could never live in a house, when visiting DD the stairs are a nightmare I really dislike them.

My brother is just about to move from a house to a bungalow, he has a bad hip and struggles with stairs so will be moving into his forever home and is so looking forward to not having stairs.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India

Edited at 06:11 PM.
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We renovated a bungalow which already had a loft room. We put velux windows in the roof and all the windows are tilt and turn with no external handles.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another bungalow dweller here, actually it’s a dorma bungalow so it has an upstairs, it’s just one room that spans the entire width of the house.

Suits us great but must admit the upstairs room is bloody hot in the summer, my daughter has the whole upstairs and has had to sleep “downstairs “ a few nights in the summer.

The rest of the house is fine and heats up very quickly when needed in the winter, doesn’t bother me leaving windows open at night in the summer as the dogs would bark if anyone even set foot on the drive!
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We live in a bungalow, although did a loft conversion with 2 rooms when we moved in. We all live on the ground floor, and ours is really good at keeping cool in the summer, and toastie warm in the winter (it’s insulated well). We don’t tend to have the windows open, but that’s just us. We love living in a bungalow, and the kids haven’t known anything else.
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’d love a bungalow and watching my in-laws struggle in their home has made me determined to set myself up in one long before it becomes a necessity.
That’s one of the reasons we moved to a bungalow when we did.
I have bad knees and was finding the stairs a bit of a challenge I’d also seen how my parents struggled in their home I don’t think my mum went upstairs for the last 5/6 years of her life and I didn’t want to get to that stage.
We also didn’t want to have to depend on our children to move us.
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I think that was one of the reasons we went for a bungalow too... the kids had all left home (though they boomeranged a bit) and we knew we wanted somewhere we could spend the rest of our days...
few years ago we spent nearly a year running a pub and took a while to re-adjust to having stairs... we had to teach the dogs to climb them...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 07:24 PM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

My mum is on her own in a bungalow. Been there a year now. She has gardens both side of her property so gets a lovely through draught when it's hot. She also has some window locks that are like metal bars that fix her windows open, they are really difficult to lift off. She wouldn't go out with the windows open but she feels safe enough to sleep with the windows open like this. She has a good alarm system with a panic button which also helps.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List