Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Oct 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Florida Trip no3 - Day 3 - September 2019

Index Here

Day 3 - 17th September 2019 - Shopping and MNSSHP

We have nothing planned for this morning, so we have a lay in a bit, well by Disney standards! Our morning is as per usual with some bagels and cream cheese whilst watching Classic cartoons on one of the Disney channels and we are out of the room by 940.
As we had nothing planned it was a toss up between a morning at the pool, typhoon lagoon or shopping. Shopping won, so we head out to the Florida mall and arrive just after opening.
Our usual spot is to park by Macy’s (so we don't get lost!), and as it had just opened there are loads of spaces free, we take a stroll through Macys and into the Mall.
It wouldn’t be a holiday without going to the M&M store, somehow I can justify buying M&M’s abroad even at the stupidly high rate, but wouldn’t dream of buying any in the UK at the store in London. We don’t buy anything but promise myself to go back and try some the new flavours (spoiler alert, I don't!).
We are away from Disney and their parks, so what do we do, head to the Disney Store! We take a look around and spot a couple of things we have seen in the park that are around 10% cheaper here, and in their sale rail we spot t-shirts for tonight’s Halloween party. Sid’s top from Toy Story, we both get the same and at $13 each it is cheaper than some shirts I had seen in the UK.

No trip for us would be complete without a stop at Carlos bakery, as much as I would like to buy a full on cake we decide against it and get 4 cupcakes and a cannoli. We take a break and have some of the baked treats, before heading round the rest of the mall. Nothing really catches our eye, so we head back to the car and decide that one mall is just not enough for us, so before we know it we are at the Vinelands outlet.

We find a spot without too much difficulty, and we pop out by Sketchers. What do I spot in the distance, the Disney Store of course! There is a queue to head in, but are only in line for about 20 minutes, so we peer through the glass at the wonders inside while we wait. We got some right good bargains here, ears are on sale for $4.99 so we got some pink glittery and a fushia pink pair originally $27.99 my wife got a top for $7.99 originally $49.99 and I buy a Toy Story water bottle that says Andy on for $7.99 originally $24.99 so a massive saving of around $105 I think, not a bad morning as I know it can be very hit and miss.
Not a great deal catches our eye around the outlets, so we head back to the car and remember we have left the cup cakes in the back seat, oops! So what's better than a twice baked cupcake, with melted frosting! Probably not our best idea to eat them there in the car, and i’m sure Avis will be fine with the suspicious brown stain where I dropped a bit of frosting!

We get back to the hotel for around 2 and I head to the food court for some beignets, how have I not had these before, I can’t but into words how beautiful these are! I race carefully back to the room where we divoure these within seconds before they even start to think about getting cold and have a little relax with some air before heading out again.

We don our Sid T-shirts and head to the bus stop for Magic Kingdom, at the bus stop we get our first glimpse as some fancy dress outfits, we have a dwarf, Snow White and what I think was Ace ventura, but may have been very wrong!
We are in the park just after 4 so we get our wristbands and candy bags and are sent behind Main Street to get candy and some photos. Here we see all sorts of fancy dress and I am amazed at the effort some have gone to, the best dressed we saw was a family dressed as the Moana cast, Mom as Te Fiti, green wig, green face paint and a green dress. Dad was Maui, he was a muscley guy anyway, but had a tight fitting t shirt on with his tattoos, and was carrying a giant hook, and their daughter was the cutest baby Moana. Not sure how some of these did it with the Florida heat!

I had booked a couple of FP first up Buzz and I win, upon leaving we see it’s a walk on so we go again and this time my wife wins. So current standing is 3-2 to me. Next up is the people mover before heading to our next FP of Space Mountain. They hadn’t turned it dark yet, so will have to ride it later again. Our last Fp for the day is a Small World, queue the song in our head all evening! It’s still a bit early for the Halloween celebrations, so we head over to Big thunder mountain so we are in place ready for when it does. Big Thunder mountain is a walk on which is even better!

We head to Pecos Bills for some dinner and go for the tacos each, we both order the same of chicken, pork and beef and we both agree that the beef is the best of the 3. We sit and people watch for a bit until the party starts.

Once it has we head round a couple of the candy trails and start to fill up our bags. We stop to watch the ghoul band for a while they sing some songs and tell some really cheesy jokes... why are ghosts bad liers... you can see right through them.
No Halloween celebration would be complete without a trip in the haunted mansion. Wait is only 20 mins so we head in, love the mansion!

We do a couple more trails and take a break for a while as my wife’s feet are really starting to hurt. After sitting for a while and watching the q times go up and down we realise we won’t have time to get on space Mountain before the fireworks so we head into buzz which is only a 10 min wait. My wife wins so 3 all as it stands.

We head to the top of Main Street and grab a spot near the Walt and Micky statue for the display, we really enjoy this the projections, and fireworks, and is totally different to the normal happily ever after display.

We Then power walk to Space Mountain along with half of Magic Kingdom half expecting a massive queue we are sat down within 5mins, it’s pitch black and definitely more intense even though we have ridden this many of times the drops and turns are unexpected and the sound track matches perfectly. We walk back to Main Street and do a treat trail on the way. We get a spot for the 1130 parade, which is of course kicked off with the headless horseman and we really enjoy seeing the new floats and all the characters out and about. I do hope some of these floats get incorporated into the main parade as they were really amazing, especially the wreck it Ralph one, where the floats smelled of sweets and candy.

We follow the parade out of the park and head to the bus station to get back to the hotel. We get back to the room, shower and crash out around half 1.

We probably could have gotten more out of the evening, but we did have to take a lot of downtime as my wife’s feet really were hurting. I do believe our evening was sold out and you really could tell, queue times were rarely below 20 minutes for the ride, the second parade was stupidly busy and character meet and greets along with the special photo passes were really long wait times. I am glad that we did it, but if we went again this time of year don’t think I would bother.

Next day will come soon!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List