Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
According to mine, nobody ever just dies. They either “drop dead just like that” or “wake up stone dead”
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Pobbypaws
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not my MIL but the MIL of my friend. My friend is a perfect size 8 and purchased a really lovely jumpsuit that fitted her perfectly. The first time she wore it her MIL took one look and said ‘didn’t they have it in a bigger size’!
Pobbypaws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

My MIL used to worry about anything and everything, if we were going out or away , when we returned home she would be ringing to check that we were all home safety. A few years ago all four of us were flying to Florida , Rob phoned her from the airport to let her know that we had arrived safely (it's only a 40 minute drive!) and that the plane was on time. He told her that he'd ring from Florida to let her know all was well, like we always did, she replied " Oh don't worry if your plane goes down over the Atlantic it'll be on News at Ten!" Totally not what we expected bless her -we still laugh about it .
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
My MIL is a lovely lady and has now moved to Cape Town so I only see her once a year, she is wonderful except for her obsession with her weight as well as everybody elses!

My mother had a good conversation the other day, when I was at home I went out with a lad called Tim for a few months, I got on really well with all his family and 35 years on I am still good friends with his sister. I no longer live anywhere near my mum or his mum but they still live near each other. Last week someone asked Tims mum how she knew my mum, her answer was " her daughter should have become my daughter-in-law"! Tim and I dated for about 3 month when we were 18, I'm now 52, I'm sure his current wife wouldn't be impressed to hear her MIL say that!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

According to my MIL MY son's autism can be managed by him "going for a run and running it off"
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
My MIL is a lovely lady and has now moved to Cape Town so I only see her once a year, she is wonderful except for her obsession with her weight as well as everybody elses!

My mother had a good conversation the other day, when I was at home I went out with a lad called Tim for a few months, I got on really well with all his family and 35 years on I am still good friends with his sister. I no longer live anywhere near my mum or his mum but they still live near each other. Last week someone asked Tims mum how she knew my mum, her answer was " her daughter should have become my daughter-in-law"! Tim and I dated for about 3 month when we were 18, I'm now 52, I'm sure his current wife wouldn't be impressed to hear her MIL say that!
Lol, my friend was at her own grandaughter's christening. There was an old lady there and my friend had gone out with her son 40 years ago briefly. The old dear was still friendly with new baby's great gran and had been invited. The old dear said to my friend, "well we wouldn't all be here if you had married Dave instead of Kevin"
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Not Mother in Law, but husbands older sister, (equally scary) called me an idiot for putting a knife in the dishwasher, because it makes them blunt apparently. She would also openly say she wouldn't use whatever you got her for Christmas, and the final straw was watching her poodle lick her legs while she was sat drinking her tea, when the dogs head disappeared up her skirt she just said 'ooo he loves the taste of me tights'!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

The kids would love the sight seeing in Greece,
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Not Mother in Law, but husbands older sister, (equally scary) called me an idiot for putting a knife in the dishwasher, because it makes them blunt apparently. She would also openly say she wouldn't use whatever you got her for Christmas, and the final straw was watching her poodle lick her legs while she was sat drinking her tea, when the dogs head disappeared up her skirt she just said 'ooo he loves the taste of me tights'!
Yuck! But it made me laugh!

My MIL would open her presents on Christmas Day and say she didn’t want it/need it and would either try and give the presents away to other family members present or say she would give it to one of her neighbours!

Edit: she would also turn up totally empty handed but she excelled herself a couple of years ago. We were watching her open and close her purse clearly thinking of parting with some money. She eventually took out two £1 coins which we thought she was going to give to her young great grandchildren but no - she handed the money over to my son and said “buy something for the cats”.

Edited at 02:03 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
That reminds me of one my mum said once. Sat in John Lewis cafe and she commented on some ladies sat near by being Jewish. I queried how she knew, she said 'you can just tell'! I agreed they did, but she couldn't understand that they might not be just because they looked it!
They were very smartly dressed with a look of Maureen Lipman so the chances are they were but she couldn't understand my point that looks don't prove religion!
She's 84 on Friday so very stuck in her ways!
She commented the other day on my dd16 wearing a pride badge and I said it wouldn't ever surprise me if she told me she preferred girls(currently has a boyfriend) and my mum said 'shes too young to decide and half of them change their minds' ! Maybe we will keep anything like that from my mum!
Can I just point out that not all Jewish people look like Maureen Lipman