Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Oct 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Food and Wine Festival - beware drunks!

Couldn't believe my eyes today at EPCOT (well perhaps I can) was standing in line in Germany to buy two drinks and the man in front of me was absolutely palatic . . . . at 12 noon. The server called security as they refused to serve him and he was hauled off hopefully to be ejected and barred from the park.

There were loads of people wandering around carrying and enjoying their drinks without any trouble but all it takes is one.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

You'll always get one, at least they dealt with it
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Couldn't believe my eyes today at EPCOT (well perhaps I can) was standing in line in Germany to buy two drinks and the man in front of me was absolutely palatic . . . . at 12 noon. The server called security as they refused to serve him and he was hauled off hopefully to be ejected and barred from the park.

There were loads of people wandering around carrying and enjoying their drinks without any trouble but all it takes is one.
I don't think that's unique to Food and Wine.. I've seen that a few times at weekends, funnily enough usually congregating around the Rose & Crown
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I don't think that's unique to Food and Wine.. I've seen that a few times at weekends, funnily enough usually congregating around the Rose & Crown
Agreed , we’ve always found round here the worse but Epcot is getting worse in general and looses the family feel on weekends during food and wine , we just don’t go on weekends anymore unless early morning .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

I've seen plenty groups of drunks at weekends outwith food and wine. The drink around the world thing is popular with stag and hen parties.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

There were more drunks at Food and Wine on a Tuesday evening than HHN tonight. It was a little unpleasant.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did F&W tonight - no drunks, few tipsy but all in all a lovely evening ... new Epcot fireworks were a whole other story! 😴😴😴
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Not at Epcot but coming back to our room one night there was a guest trying to walk down the corridor and I have not, for a long time, seen anyone so drunk. He could hardly stand up and then dropped his dinner all over the floor (which then stayed there for 3 days despite us reporting it to housekeeping). He then tried to get into our room

It was strange as I just didn't think Disney would be the place to go if you want to get drunk on holiday! Maybe he was there for a conference.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry but this happens every weekend in most major city’s in the world so why should Disney be different you find there always one.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I was shocked at the number of large groups at the F&W festival when we went in August. And although i didn't see any noticably drunk people it definitely was not the family atmosphere that I've previously known at Disney. We were quite keen to leave.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List