Notices

Old 3 Apr 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Your plans sound fantastic - I agree about The Wave buffet being a no brainer over Be Our Guest. It always looks amazing in reviews!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Your plans sound fantastic - I agree about The Wave buffet being a no brainer over Be Our Guest. It always looks amazing in reviews!
Thanks! I’ve been trying to get breakfast The Wave for at least 2 trips now! I’m determined!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Great pre trip! We did Aer lingus from gatwick last year, it’s so easy! Took about 20 minutes to get through immigration although there’s not a lot the other side once you’re done, but you can get a drink, sandwich,etc. From getting off the plane and get into our transfer at mco it was no more than 30 minutes which was great after a long travel day! We liked it so much we will be actively looking for Aer lingus flights on our next trip. We flew back direct with ba so can’t comment on the return leg.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Great pre trip! We did Aer lingus from gatwick last year, it’s so easy! Took about 20 minutes to get through immigration although there’s not a lot the other side once you’re done, but you can get a drink, sandwich,etc. From getting off the plane and get into our transfer at mco it was no more than 30 minutes which was great after a long travel day! We liked it so much we will be actively looking for Aer lingus flights on our next trip. We flew back direct with ba so can’t comment on the return leg.
Wow 30 minutes! That would be fab!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Wow 30 minutes! That would be fab!
I think we just got lucky as our luggage was some of the first off! It was all so easy though!
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So we got the dreaded email from Disney last week regarding the AKL pool closure. I immediately emailed WDTC (no response). Then I called them to be told I could cancel and get the deposit refunded or change to another resort but an upgrade would cost me. I left it as is to see how things developed and it seems now they’re offering moves at no additional cost. Currently waiting for 10am to roll round so I can call Disney to ask what the options are.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 May 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

So we got the dreaded email from Disney last week regarding the AKL pool closure. I immediately emailed WDTC (no response). Then I called them to be told I could cancel and get the deposit refunded or change to another resort but an upgrade would cost me. I left it as is to see how things developed and it seems now they’re offering moves at no additional cost. Currently waiting for 10am to roll round so I can call Disney to ask what the options are.
I’ve been following this,especially as some of the people who were moved from the SSR overbooking at the same time as us got moved to AKL and now have to move again. Such a nightmare. Wishing you luck! Hope you get offered something that works.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I’ve been following this,especially as some of the people who were moved from the SSR overbooking at the same time as us got moved to AKL and now have to move again. Such a nightmare. Wishing you luck! Hope you get offered something that works.
Thanks. I did feel for those already moved to AKL. You just want to be able to look forward to your holiday.

We were offered studios at Kidani, OKW or SSR or a standard room at Boardwalk Inn. We chose BWI as we’d never be able to stay there normally whereas the others are in our price range (well maybe not Kidani but AKL is).

Off to do some more research and cancel our Boma ADR!

Trip Report Index
Old 13 May 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. I did feel for those already moved to AKL. You just want to be able to look forward to your holiday.

We were offered studios at Kidani, OKW or SSR or a standard room at Boardwalk Inn. We chose BWI as we’d never be able to stay there normally whereas the others are in our price range (well maybe not Kidani but AKL is).

Off to do some more research and cancel our Boma ADR!
That’s a good compromise. We’ve always been priced out of The Boardwalk too but have had a good look round it and it’s lovely (a clown themed pool is better than no pool!). Perfect location too as you can now walk to two parks and I think the bus options are better too as you can hop on Yacht/Beach or Swan/Dolphin ones as well. Hopefully the AKL dream can come true on a future trip.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
That’s a good compromise. We’ve always been priced out of The Boardwalk too but have had a good look round it and it’s lovely (a clown themed pool is better than no pool!). Perfect location too as you can now walk to two parks and I think the bus options are better too as you can hop on Yacht/Beach or Swan/Dolphin ones as well. Hopefully the AKL dream can come true on a future trip.
We’re currently watching a YouTube video of Boardwalk! So excited!

Trip Report Index