Notices

Old 27 Aug 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

I’m glad I crashed the wedding September 2018 pre trip report

Hello and welcome to my first ever trip report! I’m trying to figure it all out so I hope I get it all right but if there is something I do wrong please let me know! I have read so many trip reports and they have helped me so much in the planning.

Ok so our countdown is down to 23 days so I thought it would be a good time to write my pre trip reports. So let’s start! We go on the 19th September, flying from Manchester and we are staying in Port Orleans Riverside. So let’s introduce the cast!
Me, I’m Nicola (30) I love everything Disney! I have been to Florida 4 times the last time being in 2009. I have been to Paris a lot more. I work for the Ambulance service part time.

DH is Gaz (36) He also works for the Ambulance service, he loves everything Marvel and Star Wars. He hadn’t been to a Disney park before he met so I dragged him along to Florida not long after we got together and he has been hooked ever since.

DD1 Is Amelia (5) she loves Star Wars, Marvel and the fastest rides she is tall enough to go on. She has been to Paris 4 times. Her favourite ride is ToT. She’s a little thrill seeker and can’t wait for Expedition Everest. She doesn’t stop talking and will start a conversation with anyone, sorry to anyone she is sitting by on the plane.

DD2 is Matilda (2) she loves dolls and watching weird videos on YouTube, I really hope this trip will be “Baby Shark” free but I doubt it! She has been to Paris once and her favourite ride was Buzz Lightyear spin. She has quite a temper and sooo much energy so I’m hoping her seat is the opposite end of the plane 😉. Oh last time we went to DP she wasn’t keen on the characters 😞 I tried training her in Haven so I’m hoping she may be a bit better.

That’s the four of us, but that isn’t it! My big sister and her fiancé are getting married in two weeks and we have decided to crash their honeymoon! So this is Claire and Chris! They got engaged in Disneyworld California. Claire has been to WDW and DP too many times to count and she is the ultimate Disney planner, Chris happily follows along. They are getting married in Drayton Manor and it will be totally Disney themed. I will do an update on their wedding because she has some gorgeous Disney decorations, some of you may be interested in.

Then there is Mair and Tony aka my mum Mum and Dad, they have also crashed the honeymoon! They haven’t been to WDW since 2002. They have been to DP loads of times with us and they make great babysitters 😉 haha. They both love Disney and all the rides. They will go on anything, except my mum who won’t go on RnRC and no matter how hard I try I can never get her to drive one of those cars on speedway! Maybe this time. We shall see.

So that’s everyone! Mum, Dad, Claire and Chris are going for longer than us. They leave on the 14th September. They are doing a lot more than us, they have Universal tickets, the Space Centre, Blue Man Group and they are going on alligator boat. Oh and Claire and Chris are sailing off on a romantic 3 day Disney cruise in the middle of the holiday. We are just sticking to Disney this time.
We are only about 40 mins away from Manchester airport so we are getting a taxi there. We are flying Thomas Cook and we have pre booked our seats. We are the back of the plane, I know it’s not the best with immigration but with no one behind us I thought there are less people to disturb 😳 We aren’t hiring a car, we are getting the Magical Express from the airport. We have the QS dining plan but we have booked a few ADRs. We are all eating in the Grand Floridian Cafe one night to celebrate the wedding. We have a breakfast booked in O’hanas on my birthday and we have booked T-Rex for my dinosaur mad daughter. We have a BOG lunch and breakfast booked. I also have a booking for the Harmony Barbershop for the girls. It will be Matilda’s first hair cut. She is a flower girl at the wedding but we will just have to put up with her messy hair as she needs her first haircut on Mainstreet right?
I have picked up a cheap second hand mini city double buggy, after reading the advice on here I decided a double would be best. I managed to get it for £5 off a selling site and I sent round to my dads and he has cleaned it up and it’s as good as new! Bargain! I’m also contemplating reins for Matilda, I have never used them before, she’s not too bad for running off but Disney might be a diffferent story.
I have all the fast passes booked. We managed to get everything we wanted, it was a bit stressful as the rest of the parties FP day was before ours so it was difficult to marry them up when our window opened. Luckily we have chief planner Claire who has sorted it all out with spreadsheets. We have a very relaxed plan, I know we will have to take things slower with kids. We have some days together as a group of 8 and some apart.
I’m so excited it’s unreal, I have basically packed already for the girls ☺️. I just need to get some activities for the plane. Any tips for keeping a noisy 2 and 5 year old happy for 9 hours will be much appreciated!
Our Disney mail came yesterday which was very exciting, I had to pop home from work in my lunch break to open it, it just couldn’t wait until end of shift!

So I will leave you with some old photos. I’m the younger one. 😝. We have changed a bit. The first time we went to WDW we were “lucky” enough to have the cake castle!

nicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading your TR. We are off next month but next year we're staying at POR so I'm interested to see how your stay is. Have a great time!
Old 28 Aug 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a fab trip you've all got planned I can't wait to read all about it. The old photos are so cute! A cake castle, Wow!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
IndigoSky
slightly serious Dibber

Great pre trip report. Lovely photos, I love Matilda's cake very cute. Hope you all have an amazing holiday.
2000 - ASM
2001 - ASM
2012 - ASM
2013 - ASM
2015 - OKW
2018 - BCR

IndigoSky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Looking forward to reading your TR. We are off next month but next year we're staying at POR so I'm interested to see how your stay is. Have a great time!
Thank you! I will let you know how we get on! I haven’t put a room request in so I will see where we end up! enjoy your trip! X
nicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a fab trip you've all got planned I can't wait to read all about it. The old photos are so cute! A cake castle, Wow!
I know! It’s a bit crazy. It was for Disneyworld’s 25th Anniversary I think x
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by IndigoSky View Post
Great pre trip report. Lovely photos, I love Matilda's cake very cute. Hope you all have an amazing holiday.
Thank you! Matilda was Moana mad on her birthday but I think she has changed to Tinkerbelle now which is quite lucky because I don’t think there is a Moana meet and greet x
Old 30 Aug 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nicola View Post
Thank you! I will let you know how we get on! I haven’t put a room request in so I will see where we end up! enjoy your trip! X
Thank you!
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

So a bit of an update! Not long to go now. Mum, dad, Claire and Chris flew out yesterday! They were sending me photos from the plane

And I replied with a photo in work, as you can see, I wasn’t jealous at all! 😂

I kept a eye on the plane I think they were about 50 mins late and they let me know when they landed. They said immigration was good for them, about 20mins and they were soon on the Magic Express!
This morning they are spending the day at Animal Kingdom and I am packing and cleaning the house. My eldest daughter Amelia has been taken out for the day with her Nan so we were able to pack most of our cases. Luckily me and Gaz managed this today without any arguments! He always thinks I overpack, little does he know I’ve slipped in extra outfits when he wasn’t looking! 😂
This evening I have been wrapping up the girls presents for the plane. I have taken some advice off the here and picked up little toys from cheap shops and have wrapped them up to be given every hour, if they behave! I’m not going on my Disney experience App any more because their photopass pictures keep popping up on it and I’m very jealous! I feel very calm and prepared at the min, I’m off tomorrow then my last shift on Monday. I’m sure the panic will set in again on Tuesday!
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love the dlp cake picture- I have one of those somewhere!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List