Notices

Old 10 Sep 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Just over a week to go! UK Disney wedding time!

Hello! So it is a few days after the wedding and I thought I would do a quick report on my sisters wedding as it was completely Disney themed and we are all heading off on her honeymoon. I have introduced the cast in my pre trip report which I will attempt to link here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1097075

So I will start on Friday the 8th September. It was the day before the wedding and I was up early to help my parents load up the van with all the Disney themed decorations and table centrepieces. Mum and dad were quite frantic making sure nothing was forgotten and nothing got broken.

Soon enough we were on our way on the two hour journey up to Drayton Manor. We stopped for lunch in Chiquitos, we had the three course lunch deal. I didn’t take any photos or remember the price but I promise I will do better in Florida ☺️
We arrived at the hotel at around 5pm. The room was ready so we checked in. I was sharing the presidential suite with my mum and dad and the room was huge! Again no photos because I’m rubbish! Must do better! We were allowed down to the service entrance to unload the van. This is when Claire’s 8 bridesmaids came in handy as there was a LOT to do. We had to unload all the boxes and arrange the centrepieces. (Don’t worry there are pictures of these coming)
So with that all done we ordered a huge amount of dominos pizzas and all ate in the room and had some prossecco.
After this we all went down to the bar area. There were lots of people staying over for the wedding so there was quite a group of us. We decided to break the ice with a party game. This involved putting a cereal box on the floor and each person has to bend over and pick it up with their mouth making sure they didn’t touch the floor with any other part of their body. Harmless fun you would think... well not quite. My over competitive dad just didn’t want to give in and ended up with a fat lip which is brilliant the day before his daughters wedding! 🙄. About 12:30 we pottered off to bed for a good nights sleep... or so we thought. The room next door had a massive domestic and security and the police were called making a huge noise until 3am... brilliant.

So after 3 hours sleep the alarm went off to get ready for hair and makeup. Me and two bridesmaids went downstairs for a early breakfast. Then off to the salon. The girls worked there magic and I left looking far more alive then when I entered

When we got back from the salon my husband and my daughters arrived and we were lucky there was a room ready straight away. I moved all my things from the presidential suite into the standard room (which was lovely, again no photos. Sorry). Then it was time to get myself and the girls dressed.

Now it was time to get the bride in her dressed and have some photos in the room. I really don’t know where the morning went. It was about 1:30 now and writing it down it doesn’t seem like I have done much but the morning just flew by! All dressed and ready it was time for some photos!
This is me, Claire, mum, dad and my two girls.

And this is all the bridesmaids

Soon there was a knock on the door and we were off down the stairs and lined up outside the ceremony room. I could feel myself welling up already my the girls were distracting my as the were arguing 🙄. I was convinced they weren’t going to go down the aisle but they did me proud.

The music was playing “When you Wish Upon a Star” and I managed to get all the way to my seat before the tears fell. I was so proud of my beautiful sister. The ceremony was perfect.
After this it was the posed photos. Claire and Chris left on a golf buggy to take some photos around the theme park and we were left to the drinks.

After this it was time to get the main room ready for the wedding breakfast. There was a lot of fairy lights to switch on! I will now post some photos of all my dads handy work! (Sorry there is so many)

That’s not even all of them! To be fair my dad worked really hard on them. The food was delicious and the speeches were lovely. I was on the top table so Gaz was looking after the girls. I got to enjoy my food in peace 😁

After the food there was a little break and it was time to set up for the night party.
Claire had a Goofy Candy Cart. Raymond’s Glow sticks. Magical sparkles and a fantastic firework display.

It was such a good night. Truely magical. We danced the night away and there was a fabulous glitter artist.

The Dj played “Under the sea” and everyone blew bubbles
and we marched with glow sticks to “Heigh Ho Heigh Ho it’s off to work we go”. Everyone really embraced the Disney themed and it was such a great day.
So with just over a week to go (and mum, dad, Claire and Chris flying out of Friday) we have planned a family Disney meeting on Wednesday to finalise last plan and hopefully pre order our food for Be Our Guest. Thanks for reading along. I’m doing this on my phone so sorry if there are any mistakes x
nicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Amazing! I love the spinning wheel, the wooden pinocchio figure and the sugar rush cake!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Amazing! I love the spinning wheel, the wooden pinocchio figure and the sugar rush cake!
Aw thank you! It was a great day!
nicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

What fab table decorations, looks like a brilliant day 😀
lua1904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow it looks amazing 😉
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

What an amazing wedding, the table centrepieces and decorations are fabulous... It looks a perfect day... Have a wonderful holiday
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

Those centrepieces!
What a beautiful wedding.
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

WOW absolutely Fantasmic not really much more to say
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a gorgeous Disney wedding! It would be worth DH and I renewing our vows if we could do that! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looked amazing,thanks our sharing. Hope you had a wonderful day 😁