Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Apr 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We only did afterhours back in september, the only thing we queued for was the 7dwarfs mine train. I have a great picture looking down mainstreet and there maybe only 20 people in the picture.
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is not a particular benefit if you already have a park ticket, the first three hours are just the same as normal. The advantage of lower crowds would only be the last three hours.
If I hade normal Park tickets I wouldn't be paying for DAH! We use for a Disney "fix" during our three week stay as we do the afore mentioned Parties.
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
If I hade normal Park tickets I wouldn't be paying for DAH! We use for a Disney "fix" during our three week stay as we do the afore mentioned Parties.
Well fair enough, but many people do!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is not a particular benefit if you already have a park ticket, the first three hours are just the same as normal. The advantage of lower crowds would only be the last three hours.
yes that's a pain as I have a multi-park ticket. But I would like to do rides in MK without spending 80% of my day there stood in a line for 4 minute rides.
Last time we went, in 2016, it was so hot in May they kept all the parks open until midnight so that people could go and rest in the hottest part of the day. I presume they don't ever do that now?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazzyd
I want to go now!

When you buy After Hours "tickets" on MDE, are you given an actual physical ticket or do you just get a reservation number(a bit like when you book a dessert party)? Also, if you are already in the park, do you have to go to the park entrance in order to get your After Hours "ticket/pass", or can you go to Guest Services or do they have Cast Members around the park that you can collect your tickets/passes from please? TIA.
KAZZYD :May 1994 - Rosen Inn International. June 1995 - Quality Inn International. June 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza. May 2006 - Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee. May 2012 - Radisson Resort Parkway Kissimmee. June 2014 - Radisson Resort Parkway Kissimmee. August 2016 - Villa Windsor Palms
Kazzyd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SantiJB
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

According to your experience, more or less how many attractions could you ride in the three hours of the event?
SantiJB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SantiJB View Post
According to your experience, more or less how many attractions could you ride in the three hours of the event?
A lot depends on how many people take up the offer of doing it - more people on it, longer lines, all depends on the day really.
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SantiJB View Post
The attractions that are open during the event are very limited. Ay Animal Kingdom we focused upon FoP, Na’vi River and Expedition Everest although there were a couple of others open. We went on each several times and were only limited by our unwillingness to walk the queue again otherwise we could have easily done each several more, as the queues were non existent.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Does anyone know if the After hours will be offered later in the year i.e. October/November?
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
After hours has been offered every month so far this year and has been extended from just MK to AK and HS so I would say it's a good bet that it will be a fixture from now on. It does depend on the other events running at the time though so in November you may clash with Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party.

We did the MK one in August last year and loved it. DD and I got to the park at 7pm and had two fastpasses booked to take us up to park close at 10pm. We then watched the Fireworks and then rode everything else up until 1am with very few queues - we even got on Peter Pan's flight and Dumbo, which we never bother with because of the queues. We stayed right until the event finished at 1am and finally got to bed at 2am but it was SO worth it. Not sure it would have been as worth it if we had multi-day tickets but for us, it was our only trip to a Disney park so money well spent.

I am currently watching the dates and praying they release some for the end of August this year so that we can do it all again with some friends.