Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Back to school

Commiserations to all serving teachers- as a retired teacher, I feel your pain.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Not a teacher but an LSA and this struck a chord Saw an advert/something on facebook that was similar - it was mum waving the kids off to school and kids saying school doesn't start until next week - mum then says no worries, just walk slowly

Hopefully though I will be leaving in a month when (if) we move. I will miss my colleagues and the children especially after 11 years but I have a hard year group this time and not looking forward to it!

Good luck to any other teachers and especially all new teachers, don't listen - you'll be fab xx
Old 31 Aug 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve definitely got Sunday night feeling tonight and it’s only Saturday! 😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't want to go into school today; Mum,
I don't feel like school work today.
Oh, don't make me go to school today, Mum
Oh, please let me stay home and play.

But you must go to school, my cherub, my lamb,
If you don't it will be a disaster,
How would they manage without you, my sweet,
After all you are the headmaster!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We went back last Thursday. Pupils back on Monday, I’m currently sorting out form time and trying to remember how to plan a lesson!

I’m actually really excited as I’m starting a permanent job in the school I’ve done 2 maternity covers. Really lovely to sort my own classroom and put my stamp on things! Not looking forward to Saturday school though ( Prep School).
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
We went back last Thursday. Pupils back on Monday, I’m currently sorting out form time and trying to remember how to plan a lesson!

I’m actually really excited as I’m starting a permanent job in the school I’ve done 2 maternity covers. Really lovely to sort my own classroom and put my stamp on things! Not looking forward to Saturday school though ( Prep School).
Congratulations on getting a permanent position and have a great first week in your new classroom. ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I loved this one when my Granddaughter started school 6 years ago(eek)I couldn't read it right through at the time without crying.

For all you parents of new starters 😪

Edited at 06:35 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I loved this one when my Granddaughter started school 6 years ago(eek)I couldn't read it right through at the time without crying.

For all you parents of new starters 😪
Eeeek, I couldn't read it all the way through just NOW Linda without welling up

Our family's littlest chick (the strapping 6 foot something 17 year old that he is!) has just started in his very last year of school.
No more school kids for us...
Doesn't matter how big they get they are still our babies and yep each 'Fist Day' of school each year is one step closer to really letting them go... xx
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

My DD11 went back on Friday, starting at her new secondary school. DS13 goes back Tuesday and I am back tomorrow for two staff development days. I am thinking we have an 'easier; class of eight children this year but we shall see.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List