Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Oct 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Ladies would you be ok if your husband had a 'work wife'

Just asking my fellow dibbers their opinion.

I met with my good friend yesterday, and over coffee she mentioned her husband's 'work wife'.

He spends lots of time at work and they are just two in a department, they're like best friends for 20 years, message and chat outside work too, people at work refer to them as 'work husband and wife'. Apparently there is nothing at all sexual or romantic between them, but she did bring it up by saying she thinks her husband was late as he's probably at the pub with his 'work wife'.

I was surprised as I've known them for nearly 10 years and she's never mentioned it. I think they've met a couple of times but to me, it's a bit odd.

I don't think I would be ok with it, but she was laughing when she mentioned it. May be I'm a bit old fashioned.

What do you Dibbing ladies feel? Would you be ok with a work wife?

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Its awkward, cos i know what they mean by "work husband and wife" i have a "work husband" in my office but by no means are we romantic.
But we also dont text or meet up outside of work...
that bit i find really odd.

I dont think id be happy if my husband was texting and meeting up with another woman outside of work..

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Nope ,no way

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

I would be ok with a work wife as long as their friendship stayed at work. No meeting up outside of work unless they were meeting clients/suppliers or something like that
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Nope my relationship of 7 years finished because my ex found his female “work best friend “ more interesting than me and consequently had an intimate night with her and she was then no longer interested.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

This is a tricky one. If he had a male colleague that he met for drinks after work and texted I would be OK with that. But we all know all men are absolute dogs and can't be trusted.

I am kidding. (Not kidding) No, really I am joking. (I'm not)
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

There is such a thing as emotional cheating.

I would not be happy if my husband had a very close female friend who he spent a lot of time with.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Stella_11 View Post
This is a tricky one. If he had a male colleague that he met for drinks after work and texted I would be OK with that. But we all know all men are absolute dogs and can't be trusted.

I am kidding. (Not kidding) No, really I am joking. (I'm not)

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

What i find odd is that in the 20 years that these 2 people have worked together they 2 couples /families are only met up a couple of times. Assumption work wife has a partner.

But actually if your friend has no issue with it then don't worry. She either trusts him and they have a very strong relationship, or an open one.
As long as the work relationship does not impact on your friends relationship its her life.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Male or female if my husband put more effort into a friend than our relationship I wouldn't be happy.
I know DH works with a lot of women and am fine with that if they were meeting regularly for coffee I would not be happy (mainly because even we don't get that quality time with young children.
Someone said they don't trust men I equally don't trust women lol. Maybe I am just a cynic but for some single women a married man is a 'challenge'.
The grass is always greener on the other side until you have experienced it lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List