Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Return of the Rescuer – Highs, Lows and Future Plans

Return of the Rescuer – Highs, Lows and Future Plans

Index is here

So overall this was another amazing trip, crazy to think this was our 3rd in the space of a year.

Highs

The upgrade – First time we’ve ever been upgraded on a flight, this was brilliant because it was totally unexpected.

Variation – We really enjoyed doing a bit of everything, an offsite stay, Universal and Disney.

Hotels – All 4 were great in their own ways and we would happily return to any of them. To be honest, I was a wee bit worried that we had been spoiled by staying at a few of the deluxe hotels that we wouldn’t love being at POFQ for so long but we really liked it and it exceeded our expectations.

4 Parks in a Day – this was a highlight and turned into a way longer day than we first planned. Getting to do this with friends made it even more fun.

Universal – What can I say, the fact that Ds was now doing all the rides, the express passes, the annual passes and the HP stuff just made Universal perfect for us just now. So much so we added on an extra impromptu night and renewed our annual passes.

Hagrids – thinking we wouldn’t bother, to thinking that we would get on, to thinking it was closing and we wouldn’t get to do it, to getting the elusive ruby tickets, to thinking we wouldn’t get on and finally actually riding it.

The food – so many highs, Calfornia Grill Brunch, setting, food, friends and service

The Yachtsman – great food and amazing sevice, plus I could eat those onion rolls all day every day.

Cowfish – best sushi by a mile

The Kitchen – Brunch

Wine Bar George – wine, meat and cheese, what is not to love

and a massive selection of snacks…. I could go on.

Lows:
These are few and fairly minor.
The weather – Lots more rain than we are used to in July, yes we expected storms but a couple of them lasted a very long time, especially at Universal, however without the rain there would have been no Hagrids.

Storybook Dining – just not as good as our first experience both in terms of food and service, although character interaction was still great.

Future Plans

February- We started looking at this when we were away and decided to renew our annual passes. We had planned to book straight away but stuff got in the way. All sorted now and we have just booked. Purely Universal, we are excited to go at a different time of year and Mardi Gras will be on. Just the 3 of us.

Summer- Again, I’d normally have booked this but stuff got in the way so I was slower off the mark than normal. We have just booked this as well – no Disney though other than maybe an after-hours event if one takes our fancy. Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens this time. Just the 3 of us.

Thanks to everyone who has read along and for all the nice comments. I never thought I’d be writing full trip reports, never mind three, but I’ve really enjoyed it so hopefully there will 2 more for me to write again in 2020.

Edited at 11:10 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Thanks so much for sharing I really enjoyed your trip report 😁
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thank you so much for sharing I've loved following along and can't wait to follow more of your adventures Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'd forgotten about the Hagrids saga and the ruby tickets. Some really great highs and just a few lows. The weather did seem pretty bad this summer, it was wetter than we've ever know it before too in August so it surely will be better next summer!

Your plans for two Disney free trips next year sound fun, seems like DS is all about the thrill rides now.

It's been fun reading all about your trip and I'm looking forward to reading next year's too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Thanks so much for sharing I really enjoyed your trip report 😁
Thanks so much for reading

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thank you so much for sharing I've loved following along and can't wait to follow more of your adventures Xx
Thanks for all your lovely comments, I certainly plan to write some more trip reports but they take up so much time, now that I'm done though I can get back to reading some including yours.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'd forgotten about the Hagrids saga and the ruby tickets. Some really great highs and just a few lows. The weather did seem pretty bad this summer, it was wetter than we've ever know it before too in August so it surely will be better next summer!

Your plans for two Disney free trips next year sound fun, seems like DS is all about the thrill rides now.

It's been fun reading all about your trip and I'm looking forward to reading next year's too.
Yes lets hope for a drier summer next year. I'm interested to see what Februarys weather is like.

Ds is well excited to try some of the big rides at Seaworld and Busch Gardens next time.

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement.
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Great to read all you highs and lows. So pleased to see you have future plans, I can’t wait to read about Mardi Gras-I really would love a sneaky half term trip but I couldn’t convince hubby to go next May so I doubt he’ll go for February either such a waste of my AP
Thanks again for both your reports for this trip, I look forward to the next
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a couple of nice trips to come

Joan
Old 26 Oct 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Great to read all you highs and lows. So pleased to see you have future plans, I can’t wait to read about Mardi Gras-I really would love a sneaky half term trip but I couldn’t convince hubby to go next May so I doubt he’ll go for February either such a waste of my AP
Thanks again for both your reports for this trip, I look forward to the next
Thanks, I never expected that Dh would be keen on a week long trip in February either but the prices kept him open minded

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like a couple of nice trips to come

Joan
Thanks for reading Joan. It's nice to have some trips to look forward to.
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Mardi Gras at Universal is so much fun, we went in February and the parks were quiet as an added bonus!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Mardi Gras at Universal is so much fun, we went in February and the parks were quiet as an added bonus!
Thanks. I read your trip report and it looked good. Was your weather ok for the whole trip?