Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Oct 19, 04:06 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

“Happy tears, it’s all happy tears” Oct 19 - Day 1

Hi everyone,

We all slept really well last night and were all wide awake by 5.30 which isn’t too bad and we considered changing our plans and hitting Hollywood Studios for 6am but decided not to rush and stick to the Epcot plan of EMH instead.

We were at the bus stop for 7.20:

I spent ages debating what time the bus would arrive as the app was down and then I walked 3 paces over and.. 🙈
😂

We arrived at Epcot at about 7.45 and did bag check and were in and off to Soarin. We did this as our first ride on our first trip and were keen to follow tradition. We enjoyed this but were on the edge so some images were a bit warped.

After this we did Living with the Land which I really like. I find it really interesting. I also really liked the food and wine signs to say if that ingredient was in a dish.

Then I persuaded Charlie to do the Frozen ride. I know I’d never get away with fast passing it and it was only a 10 minute wait. This was sweet, I’d do it again. The pic is funny, my ears were slipping off!

As we were in Norway it was time for our first snack credits:

Triple chocolate and pecan cookie and double chocolate Kringle. We loved these and would definitely have them again. 2 snack credits used.

We then got some photo passes on the way back over to future world:

Charlie spotted Agent P and wanted a photo here, he doesn’t normally do photos unless pressured so couldn’t say no!

We then did figment 🙄 shame it’s not closed for refurbishment but Charlie thinks he’s funny! When we came out we spotted. Vanellope and Charlie announced he wanted to queue for her, she was great. Really interactive and the mannerisms spot on:

Then it was up to Spaceship Earth for the first FP of the holiday. I don’t know what was going on here but the FP entrance was really bottle necked but soon cleared. This was ok. We have other FPs for it in a few days but are thinking of cancelling as we feel like we’ve done it now. It’s good but do I want to sit through it again?!

Then it was Test Track! We love this and let Charlie do the car. He scored 211. We all tried so hard to keep our eyes open but the sun was beaming and we just couldn’t, Sam and I are certain it’s got faster since a couple of years ago, has it?!

We then did Turtle Talk with Crush. This was great as usual. Love his jokes and interactions. Once we’d done here we went for our 3rd FP for Mission Space. We chose orange as it was shut when we came before so wanted to go for it properly. We all really enjoyed this but I was distracted by Jessica from Suits being the astronaut trainer!

We were starving now so decided to go to Tangerine Cafe which was a great choice. Sam had lamb kefta, I had falafel wrap and Charlie had a hamburger (very cultural) with a beer and white sangria for Sam and I and Diet Coke for Charlie. 3 QS credits used! This was lovely we would eat here again for sure.

While we were eating it was clear Charlie was shattered so we decided to catch the skyliner to HS to say we’d done it and get the bus back for an afternoon nap. The skyliner was fun. It’s quicker than I imagined and has great views. It took about 10 minutes to transfer over:

Charlie was then delighted to see we had a Mickey bus back to CSR

We met Larry on the way back to the room:

We all had an hours nap and decided to check out the dig site for a bit

This hotel really is stunning

We then got showered and headed over to Disney Springs for food, we also wanted to collect our gift card. Originally the plan was to go to Blaze but the queue was insane so we mobile ordered D luxe burger instead.

Sam had BBQ burger, I had the plant burger and Charlie had tenders. I also had a Chardonnay and Sam had a vanilla porter alcoholic shake. The burgers were amazing so juicy. The best veggie burger I’ve had for sure in over 20 years of being vegetarian

We went off to World of Disney and got the gift card down Charlie bought a white aristocats teddy. His cat Marion sadly passed away the week before our trip and he wanted a white cat teddy to remember her. This one had a long white tail and is sure to malt everywhere just like the real one did! I’ll pop a pic in tomorrow as it’s curled up in bed with him now.

We’d then promised Charlie sprinkles cupcakes which we soon discovered aren’t on the dining plan. We paid $14.58 for 3 cupcakes, chocolate and marshmallow, salted caramel and milk chocolate and vanilla, they were delicious as usual.

We headed back to the hotel for 10pm. I thought I’d tally up what we would have spent on food each day if not for the QSDP so today’s stats:
6 QS credits used
2 snack credits used
Total spend if OOP - $150 approx
Actual spend - $14.58 (cupcakes)
Total steps - 22260!

Tomorrow it’s Magic Kingdom! Bye for now x

Edited at 05:16 PM. Reason: Add a pic
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great first day! Will be following along 🙂
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Great first day 😀
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Just found your live report! Thanks for sharing and have a great time
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Lovely informative 1st day post, great to see photos of skyline thanks for posting