Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 11, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore2009
Imagineer

eeyore2009's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
I have loved reading everyones special moments. It just goes to show how some of the little things that CM do goes a long long way and leaves us with fantastic memories.

When we were there in 2009 we sat in front of the castle at MK to watch the parade and fireworks. Our boys were 1 and 2 at the time. They played on "the road" with CM with hula hoops to keep them entertained. Our boys were really tired so they sat in their pushchairs. We tried to keep them awake but they fell asleep just as the parade began . When Pinocchio went past he was pointing at the boys and putting his hands together at the side of his head to gesture about the boys being asleep. It was lovely. I was like a big kid and was saying to my husband "did you just see that" I felt like we had been noticed by a celebrity

The other thing that was lovely was at AK. We had listened to Pocahontas's story and then our boys were playing with all the characters there. They made a big fuss of the kids and I have some of the best photos and video footage of those moments.
Old 10 Jul 11, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Oh I have another one ... I forgot... we were in DHS and the stormtroopers were out,but the que was massive and we had ADR at Sci-fi, anyway I said to my husband who is a massive storm trooper fan MAYBE WE WILL GET THEM NEXT TIME well the storm trooper turned round looked at my husband then and told my husband to COME HERE lol he was like a little kid and went over and the storm trooper posed for a photo and autograph, this made my husbands day, then all the little kids were running over to him and then he put his hand out to say NO! It was sooooo cool...

Any one got anything... Keep them coming.
2013 March Boston. 2012/2014/2015 Saratoga Springs
2014 March NYC. Vegas 2015, Disneyland 2016&18 Saratoga 17,18 Coronado Springs 19,20
disneyforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We had a magic moment in Epcot this June, just wandering along towards England/ Canada that way...when all of a sudden, we were descended on by random characters, not advertised as being in Epcot. They were there for just 10 mins and we got photos and signatures with them all...: Goofy, Max (Goofy's son!), King Louis, Captain Hook, Mr Smee and Meeko (raccoon in Pocahontas).

It really made our day!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
On the girls first visit we had just entered MK walking down Main Street and we where approached by the Mayor and Chief Fire Officer of Disney. They chatted and jolked with us for a good 20 minutes. It was a fantastic experience and made our day. We have never seen them in MK since. Still have the photo in a frame
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Awaywego
slightly serious Dibber

Our first visit to WdW in AK was the year of a million dreams, walking through Pangani Forest (I think) we were stopped and given fastpasses for the day. We had picked up First Visit badges that morning from guest services, so maybe that's why she chose us.

On the first ride EE our DS then 5 lost his fastpass which was on a neckstring thingy on the ride, Guest svc kindly gave him another when we went and told them what had happened.
Awaywego is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Nothing too amazing really but we got the VIP seats in Hollywood Studios for Stunt Car Show last July.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

This is such a lovely thread and I've just thought of another one.
My daughter was only 6 months when we first took her and we of course had to have her photo taken with all the characters.
Snowwhite asked if she could kiss her and we have a really fab photo of our LO with snowhites lipstick kiss mark on her face
Old 11 Jul 11, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post

what amazing stories you all have...

on our last trip it was My DH birthday, Jan 1st and we were in the American Pavillion having a sit down waiting for the next show when a CM came over and said to DH theres a phone call for you. DH said me are you sure? CM said where you from? Wales DH replied, CM yes for you... off he went, leaving DS's and myself baffled.

He came back grinning from ear to ear... Goofy had phoned to wish him Happy Birthday

I was stalked by woody woodpecker in IOA... He was right behind me and I had no clue..goodness knows what he was doing but my family thought it hilarious..

great thread xx
Old 11 Jul 11, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

These are great stories guys keep them coming... !
2013 March Boston. 2012/2014/2015 Saratoga Springs
2014 March NYC. Vegas 2015, Disneyland 2016&18 Saratoga 17,18 Coronado Springs 19,20
disneyforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

While we were there last time, our daughter was celebrating her 7th birthday and on one of the days she was wearing her birthday badge, we went to HS, on the way in a policeman sang happy birthday to her and she was thrilled, then we were standing right in front of the rope for rope drop and one of the CM s wished her a happy birthday and gave her a tink badge ... wow she was thrilled.

We went to Typhoon Lagoon early one morning and as we walked in, a CM approached us and told us it was the year of a million dreams and they gave us two cups for the kids, towels and a free locker for the day which was lovely.

On the day we went to MK for the first time, as we approached main street and at the point where u can see the castle, the kids faces lit up ... it was magical ... absolutely lovely and had me crying under my large sunglasses! and thats without any Disney CMs getting involved, its just the place is so special.

On the evening of my daughters birthday ... she sat on her bed in her PJ`s and said to me and dad ... All my dreams have come true now mum ... well that kicked me off for a little cry again! We cant wait to get back there! x
Closed Thread