Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 12, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Star wars at hollywood studios

Hi everyone
My son is 5 and LOVES star wars, this year he wants to become a 'Jedi fighter' bless him! It is his birthday while we are there and he wants money so he can buy star wars things! He will be more than happy with the star wars ride and the Jedi training but while we are in Florida it is the star wars weekend, we usually avoid going to Hollywood studios on these weekend because they busy.
Would you take him to one of the star wars weekend or is it just really busy? Anyone been? What do you think?
Thank you xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Its a must, Starwars weekends are great, so much going on and the Starwars parade and hoola hupla are well wait and see !
Old 12 Apr 12, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Have never been, but they sound great and if you've got the chance to go whilst he's into Star Wars, I'd just go for it. You might not get the chance again. I'd love to go to one.
Old 12 Apr 12, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Figaro's Paws
Gone all Goofy

We were there for star wars weekend May 2010 - yes it was very busy, but certainly worth it if you are a star wars fan! Just make sure you get there early for opening and go straight to wherever you want to go first! You will always have to queue on these weekends no matter what, but def worth doing. Depending on how long you are in the world and your schedule, I would suggest having two days at HS, one at the weekend and another to do all the other great things like Toy Story Mania etc as you will never get all these things done at the SW wend! Hope that makes sense
Figaro's Paws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi_Angie
Being a bit Goofy

I would LOVE to go during a Star Wars Weekend... ...but I'm a teacher so can't get time off when they're on...

I have friends who have been and they say they're excellent, well worth going. I'm sure your son will have a wonderful time - make sure to let Guest Relations know it's his birthday (even if it's not the exact day), as they'll hopefully give him a badge and make a big fuss of him.
High Grove (2007) ... Bella Vida (2008, 2010) ... LA & Vegas (2009) ... Washington/Philly/NYC/Boston/Cape Cod (2011) ... AKL/Florida Pines (2012) ... Westridge (2013) ... AKL (2014) ... RPR/Yacht Club (2015) ... PBR (2016) ... POR (2017) ... HI DS (2018) ... AKL (2019)
Jedi_Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Hi we were there a couple of years ago and went to the star wars weekend. I totally agree with Figaro's Paws comments. It is horrendously busy so the trick is definitely to get there very early as the park gets full! The traffic tailback was so long when we went that we got to park for free (MICKEY paid!)and it was only a little after 9.30 am when we arrived. I'm not really a Star Wars/Sci Fi fan (though DH and DS are) but even I was impressed at the variety of characters in the Star Wars parade. We got a running commentary through the parade from a total Star Wars addict who happended to be watching the parade next to us and we learnt lots! I would also say that if you plan to eat in the park that day ADR is absolutely the way to beat the queues. As a family we enjoy the Sci Fi Dine In. I'm sure your son (and you) will enjoy it.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

It will be VERY busy on the weekends - but your son will be among fellow SW enthusiasts. Go..enjoy...and if the crowds are getting to you, hop the boat ferry over to The Boardwalk or Epcot and rest a little.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

A must!

Just don't think of the park as you normally would. Think of it more like a Star Wars convention.

There's tons of unique events. I love the Star Wars dance off. See you tube!

just soak up the atmosphere and stress less about rides etc.

It might be more difficult to get on Star Tours etc. I would go on an earlier day with your son to make sure he has these experiences bfore returning for the main event.

The other view is that what you son does not know, won't hurt. He will have a fab time whether he goes to the weekend or not. The crowds and stress of taking him when he is still only 5, might be more hastle than benefit.

All the best with your decision.
Old 12 Apr 12, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

We went last year it was fairly busy but it was good fun I would plan on going one day just for star wars and another day for general Hollywood Studios. It is worth going to, it has a great atmosphere!
Old 12 Apr 12, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I've not been to the SW weekend, however if your schedule permits, do Star Tours and the Jedi thing on a non-event day and return and enjoy the special events laid on that weekend seperately.

You'd be struggling to get into the Jedi Knight school thing or star tours that weekend... I'd think.

BTW DD (5) loved the Star Tours ride and insisted on riding it twice... given she has never seen the film and is v girlie I was shocked!
Closed Thread