Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Apr 12, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
greggo6
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Carrotstickz View Post
Vast majority of the time they WILL challenge you and they WILL refuse entry to a ride if the time is wrong. Just because you were allowed leniency during presumably the busiest time of the year - probably just to get you out of the way - does not mean it is a regular occurrence.

Plus you're talking complete nonsense about the allotted times. It is an hour. It is never more, so please don't make things like that up.

The fact of the matter is that they do enforce return times. Your single experience is not the norm. And if everyone had te same attitude as you appear to, then it would be complete chaos, hence why they don't do it that way!
take a deep breath! There is no need for a personal attack.

Fast passes are now enforced and they have a 15 minute grace period. Some CMs are stricter than others and I would presume they are just taking time adjusting to the new rules, especialy like you said at a very busy time of year.
Old 14 Apr 12, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadmom
VIP Dibber

Ouch.. a little harsh

I think what bakerman was trying to say was that the return time was an hour or more ahead of the current time?

Which makes sense as the return time can and has been hours away in my experience.
2019 Emerald Isle Resort - Sept/Oct >> 2018 OKW - HRH - BLT - BCV - May
2017 Oak Island Cove - May >>> 2016 HRH & SSR First time onsite! - May/Jun
2014 Oak Island Cove - Oct >> 2008 Oak Island Cove - Oct
2007 Emerald Isle Resort - Apr/May >> 2005 Oak Island Cove - Oct/Nov
2004 Espirit - Oct/Nov >> 2002 Holiday Inn Sunspree - May/Jun
disneymadmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post

We are here now and as it is a peak period (Easter holidays), the pass time is very much being enforced. However, as a family of four, we have had two tickets with one time and two tickets with say a 5 min later slot. We have just found that as you are all together, you can stretch the pass to the earliest or latest slot within all your tickets.

Have to say, having forced ourselves to get to the parks soon after opening where possible, the passes have made an enormous difference to getting several rides under our belt, before the crowds arrive and the queue times soar.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore2009
Imagineer

eeyore2009's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by disneymadmom View Post
Ouch.. a little harsh

I think what bakerman was trying to say was that the return time was an hour or more ahead of the current time?

Which makes sense as the return time can and has been hours away in my experience.
Thats how I read it too. I did feel the other posters response was a bit strong
Old 14 Apr 12, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post
hi just got back from Florida...did Disney and universal..and was not clued up with how the fast passes worked in the first week..for some reason i thought they were for extra costs .
well once i got the hang of it . wasn't long till i was getting them out of the machine and going straight on without even coming back when it had an allotted time normally an hour. maybe more if it was a really busy ride.
was only challenge once and even then they still let us through (4 of us)
i think it's in the staff nature to make sure they can be as helpful as they can and not to hinder you. so all this talk about them being strict with fast pass times seem strange as i got none of that and i went on straight away from getting the tickets ..most times the staff didn't even look at the times.and when they did they still said go through.
explain that...
I find that very surprising. I saw LOTS of people being turned away from the Fast Pass line. You normally have to get past 2 or 3 CMs before you get on the ride. You might get past the one at the entrance but that doesn't stop you from being turned away further down the line. There was a family in front of us at Soarin' who got sent back out because their fastpasses were not valid. The CM said that it happens all the time.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

When we went on Splash Mountain last March it was quite quiet and 6 of us had fastpasses. 3 of them had one time and the other 3 had 5 minutes later and the cm made us all stand and wait until the clock ticked round to when the second lot of tickets were valid
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Carrotstickz
Imagineer

I apologise if my response was too strong for the situation and maybe I understood what he was saying wrong, I just don't know whysoenone is questioning or answers when many people have said the same thing - you can't get in early, you can't get in late any more, and it probably came out in an angry manner.
Carrotstickz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 12, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread