Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Sep 13, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post

woohoo glad you loved the three nighter, we are on that this november! We have the 7 night eastern Caribbean booked for our honeymoon next year but we are lucky that Paul's kids are old enough to be put on a plane home without adult supervision as they will be adults themselves hehe

Palo looks ah-maz-ing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 13, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fab, fab, fab! Thanks for sharing and congratulations.
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 13, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wozi View Post
Only just caught up with your trippie and well what can I say ... WOW! It's been a fab read, you've had me in tears in places, the photo's are stunning and I absolutely loved all your little extra's. I keep telling my hubby we should renew our vows, and well I know where I would want to renew them now

Also a huge congratulations to you & Seb.
Do it, do it! Get renewing those vows

and thanks for reading along x

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Cruise looks fab...loving your report

Julia
Thanks, the cruise was so much fun, I really really want to go on another one (she says as she puts the Euromillions on!)

Originally Posted by grenden View Post
I've blubbed my whole way through this and I've been married for nearly 20 years lol.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your lovely comments and congrats on being together 20 years

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
woohoo glad you loved the three nighter, we are on that this november! We have the 7 night eastern Caribbean booked for our honeymoon next year but we are lucky that Paul's kids are old enough to be put on a plane home without adult supervision as they will be adults themselves hehe

Palo looks ah-maz-ing!
Have fun on your cruise Tabz and enjoy every minute of Palo x

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Fab, fab, fab! Thanks for sharing and congratulations.
Thanks for reading along

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 13, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

UK Party

Hi everyone, thought it was about time I got around to doing my final installment. I've been putting it off as not only does it mean an end to my whole Dibb wedding journey but also it was definitely the most stressful bit of the whole wedding!

This is mostly my fault for 1) wanting to do everything ourselves and 2)Not leaving enough time to do it!

We had planned the party for 2 weeks following returning back from the US. Before leaving for the US we had the room booked, hired the DJ, booked a photographer for a photobooth set up and ordered the cakepops (we had these instead of a cake), but we still had lots to do!

I had been collecting tea pots, cups and plates for months as we were going to use these as our centerpieces - but as we were making them into 3 tier stands and they still needed to be put together.

I still had to get the candy buffet sorted - both the containers I was putting the sweets in and I also needed to get the actual sweets.

I had a whole bunch of ideas for balloons and this was the main reason I had picked the mad hatter theme so I could go all out with decor but we still needed to go buy them and make the arrangements.

I had collected a couple of things that I'd ordered in the US and brought back. We planned to have an 'UP' inspired welcome table with a Mailbox which still had to be personalised with our names and of course the 'Ellie & Carl' style handprints (this was fun and messy to do he he) and an UP house for guests to sign and print their fingerprint.
I still had to order stamps this - another job on the to do!

I had a whole bunch of other little things I wanted to do such as make Disney photobooth props, Alice in Wonderland heart confetti, hundreds of eat me tags and paint some roses red (well rose petals as I failed to find fake white roses!).

So as you can imagine with jet lag and post Disney blues I was in no fit state to start doing anything the first week and I decide to leave it until a week to go - big mistake! With work and everything I ended up leaving most of the things until the day before and day of the party in the end.

We had also had some concerning news that the DJ we had chosen and booked following reading many review and the fact he had a projector screen for our photos had decided to give it up. He reassured us that he had passed the booking onto another DJ who was experienced. I wasn't best pleased but resided to the fact it was unlikely I would get another DJ at such short notice with the equipment we needed, plus I just didn't have the time to look! I decided to put my faith in him.

The next mess up was the cakepops which I collected the day before the party. I have made my own in the past but with everything else I decided to splash out and let someone else do them for me. I had decided to book them 5 months before and pay in installments so I wouldn't notice the cost so much as the local cake shop isn't the cheapest. I had ordered 4 different flavour cakepops and what I thought was going to be four different colours to fit in with our bright colourful theme with matching coloured ribbon. when I went to collect them she had done them all in milk/white chocolate covering - so all brown/white. I was so annoyed but she wasn't having any of it. Even when I questioned on the order slip how she could have wrote matching coloured ribbon if she thought they were all going to be brown/white she was still really rude and fobbed me off without even an apology. I left it in the end as she is a local business and we are hoping to be opening up shop in the area soon so don't want her bad mouthing us - but talk about the customer is always right, a simple sorry would have sufficed:angry:

I decided I had to get over it and go home to continue with the long to do list! Me and Seb worked into the wee hours, but still was nowhere near done. We both got up early and made the majority of the balloons at home including the giant gumballs which we made a bit too big and couldn't fit out of the front door, so Seb ended up taking them around the back

We were still making everything up until an hour before we had asked our guests to arrive! Seb quickly got himself ready and our close family and friends went off to finish the decor.

I got ready really quickly but didn't leave enough time for my sister to do my hair curly as planned so I ended up with flat boring hair. To be honest I was so knackered I just wanted to get their and start having a good time. I hadn't even stopped to think about getting into my dress lol My sister and I had chanced hand cleaning my dress earlier in the week (another job ) as I was too tight to fork out the £100 for cleaning. I was concerned about there being watermarks with it being satin but there wasn't and it came out really well. It was also at this point I actually read the label and realised you could iron it so I was a bit miffed I'd wasted $$$ in the US having it steamed.

I got in it (just about) and was on my way being fashionably late by about half an hour. I actually regret wearing my dress for the second time as I didn't feel quite the princess I had on my wedding day without my hair and make up being done proper and the fact I could hardly breath didn't help either. If I could turn back time I would have kept the memories of wearing my dress on the wedding day and wore something easier to dance in at the UK party.

But back to it...

I was so excited to finally get there relax and enjoy the party we had worked so hard for! I couldn't wait to see the room done up. Here are a few of the photos the photographers took before most of the guests arrived (In fact we are so rubbish we didn't take any pics all night so these are all going to be the photographers photos!).

There were a few things missing which I had planned such as my Alice in Wonderland book page heart confetti and half of my Alice bunting. At first I was rushing round the room discreetly trying to sort it out but after a couple of drinks I wasn't bothered in the slightest and began to relax have some fun!

These ended up having balloon flowers inside the teapots on top as shown in this pic...

Oh and as you can see in the background a little bit of bunting up lol

Here is the Up inspired mailbox where the guests put their cards

This also had a big bunch of multicoloured balloons coming off like the house.

and the UP fingerprint 'guestbook'...

Another little hiccup was with this. I had put framed instructions kindly asking that any kids got help from an adult to this and most of them did and it was looking pretty spectacular... that was until first my little monkey got hold of a pen and scribbled on the bottom, which I didn't mind as it was his little signature (well big signature), but then I'm guessing one of the older kids has come along and in graffiti style put Emma + Seb in a humongous love heart - I was not best pleased so much I haven't put it up yet as it just annoys me that anyone would do that :angry:

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 13, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

The Candy buffet...

and the brown and white cakepops lol

The cakepops were arranged on a big 5 tier stand Seb had made by drilling holes in an acrylic cake stand. It looked really effective but unfortunately we don't have a photo. There were still too many though so the rest we just popped in teapots as you can see below.

The candy buffet was a big hit and I was suprised that everything went as there was loads.

Do you remember the issue with the DJ... Well I'd love to say I was stressing for nothing but I can't as they were absolutely pants! They had hardly any of the music we had requested, their karaoke selection was rubbish and the projector had a slight yellow tinge. Regardless of this we still had a fabulous time and it kind of turned into a joke how pants they were. We ended up getting up and singing some right cheesy numbers on karaoke he he

Here's me & Seb Simpson style:

One big hit of the night was the photobooth. I had originally looked into hiring an actual booth but they were coming out at between £400-£600 and upwards depending on the package. With a bit of googling I found a local photographer who for £175 came and set up a photobooth studio a took photos for over four hours and we got all the pictures on disc! they even went around the room and took pics of people which wasn't in the agreement. The only negative I have was the colour choice of the background, which is again my own fault as she did give me a choice of four colours to which I replied 'whatever you think'. I presumed as she knew we were having a Mad Hatter's Party she would have picked a bright vibrant colour...

... she chose brown - possibly to co-ordinate with the cakepops

Despite a few hiccups my amazing guests made my party the fun filled Mad Hatter party I was hoping for. Just a quick tip to any future brides - try not to get bogged down with making everything perfect as it'll just stress you out. Learn a thing from me, things can go a little pear shaped but you'll still have an amazing day! and enjoy every minute as it goes far too quick - I cannot believe we have been married almost 4 months!

A big thank you to everyone who has took the time to read along, comment and allow me to revisit this special time.

I'll leave you with few piccys of my mad bunch posing in the photobooth.

My Grandma and Grandad - Married 60 years last month Such an amazing achievement!

Edited at 10:02 PM.
Old 17 Sep 13, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Amazing . Once again congratulations. I've loved reading all your reports x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 13, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looks like you all had a brilliant night even with a few hiccups

Thank you for all your details about the before the Wedding and the after party, really enjoyed reading

Joan
Old 18 Sep 13, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow your photos are so good your wedding ones are amazing lovely setting can't wait to read more x
Old 19 Sep 13, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow Emma these are amazing pictures, you put so much hard work into it all I'm so glad you where able to relax and enjoy it
Old 19 Sep 13, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Congratulations to you both. What an amazing read. Loved the photos by Regina.