Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 14, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beechwood Babe
Proud to wear my Ears

I really think people worry too much about availability. Unless you MUST have Anna and Elsa and Mine Train, it is still possible to get reasonable rides the same day. We went to MK last night for the 4th July fireworks and I only booked when I came home from work at 2.00pm, but managed to get what we wanted. I think most people shouldn't worry, with the exception of those 2 experiences, everything else should be available without too much trouble. Although you might not get them for first thing in the morning you should be able to ride them at decent times. For A&E and 7DMT however, this does not apply - book as soon as you can get a slot!
Beechwood Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stamp View Post
I think if you miss any fast pass slot they should cancel the rest of that days and the next 2 days.
You may miss your slot for any number if reasons. Buses being late, late seating for adr etc. This is a silly suggestion.

The only real time this may be a problem is this meet and greets that are fp only.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I have booked 3 FPs per day for all of our 7 days at Disney. But these are not "just-in-case" FPS - I plan on using them.

Of course, if the standby queues are short or if we decide on the day not to visit the parks then we won't use them. But then I'll only cancel them on the day when I know we're not going to use them.

Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
If people with fp don't show this will speed up the standby line.
Exactly.

If people don't use their "just-in-case" fastpasses and don't cancel them, it'll mean less people in the fastpass queue and therefore the standy queue will move quicker. So that's good news for those who haven't got a fastpass.

If you redistribute the "just-in-case" fastpasses, it'll result in slow standby queues.

It depends on whether you want to rely on getting a cancelled fastpass or not, I suppose.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 14, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you all for your comments. I thought it might generate some discussion !

I know that if the fastpass queue is low then the standby queue will move faster and that it a benefit for all, however, one of the main benefits of a Fastpass+ for a set time is that it helps me manage my day a bit better. My day wont be destroyed by the lack of a Fastpass and I am likely to wallow around in the standby line for a while; it is just if I don't have to be there I don't want to be there !

There is another thread on the go at the moment in which Hangfire has come up against a FP limit for offsiters (7 days only within a 30 day limit) - if this has been re-instated after having been lifted in April or so then I can see people doing less "just in case" FP+.

I did wonder about what happened to those that serially offend by not turning up; perhaps Disney do keep track. Not of the individuals per-se but of the percentage no-shows; they are getting a lot of valuable data through the magic bands and RFIDs that they didnt have before - will be interesting to see how they use it.

Beechwood Babe - glad to hear that you have been able to get availability even on the busiest of days. Gives me hope ! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 14, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
gerryc
Imagineer

gerryc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are going for 3 weeks and the first 2 I have planned, the last week is a see what we want to do again week so I have booked f/p for the parks/ rides we most likely want to do again, if we decide otherwise then I will definatly cancel them but want to have them in place.

1995 Kissimmee, 1997 & 2000 international drive
2008 Calabay Park,2011,2014,2016,2017 Lake Buena vista. 2018 DLP, Las Vegas
gerryc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 14, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post

In reality though the 'just in case' FP will mainly be taken up by the people who have annual passes and ultimate passes.

The people who have MYW, say a 4 day pass, would only be able to book FP for 4 days, presumably the days they are going to visit the parks, not the 'just in case' days.

As the majority of visitors are American and I would imagine have day passes and MYW passes then I personally don't think the amount of wastage is as high as people may suspect
Old 5 Jul 14, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Interesting topic, I must admit though, we have only ever used FP on a few occasions on our previous trips, but this year have booked them for every day. We intend using all of them, would never consider booking a just in case FP.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 14, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
fishfood
Apprentice Imagineer

fishfood's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
i am an offsiter and have sort of tried to plan what FP's i want using the link on this site.

to be honest in some of the parks i struggled to pick a FP for a ride and have opted to select the parades or charactor meet..IF i am lucky to get one.

when my time comes to actually pick them i will chose 3 things...because i can...whether i use them i simply dont know. i dont know how long it will take me to get from one FP to the other and one thing i cant do is rush.
fishfood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 14, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
May be contentious I know but...

Have been reading through a lot of Fastpass+ threads recently and find that quite a lot of people are regretting the reduction in spontaneity that the Fastpass+ system is bringing to their holiday.

As a result am have seen lots of people making references to booking Fastpass+ "just in case" so that they can keep a bit of flexibility in their planning. Esp for the headliners and the parades / Fantasmic / Wishes etc.

I can understand the logic, but as an offsiter who can only book day by day it is frustrating the heck out of me. Lots of the prime slots are already gone; and I just have this feeling that many of the slots that appear gone to me are appearing in somebody else's "Just in case" file.

If you do this please, please, please can I ask that you cancel the Fastpass+ as soon as you know you wont need them.

I have this concern that I will head to the parks and the standby lines will be rammed with people who couldn't get Fastpass+ allocations and the Fastpass+ lines will be low - because the ones that have been issued wont all get taken up.

Thank you.
Totally understand that, I'd be the same.
I didn't book any 'just incase ' fastpasses but I did cancel some that I had for Epcot because I wasnt sure we could get there . I'd never not cancel any as I know if I was offsite I'd be getting quite stressed out at the thought of it!
Old 5 Jul 14, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I think people will cancel any unused FP's and this will be easy to do on tablet or phone. We are not going to the parks on our water park days and will not book 'just in case' FP's.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread