Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 14, 03:40 AM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Managed to get one late evening slot. By the time it came round, or son was too tired to ride, so my husband took our daughter. They liked it but prefer big thunder mountain.
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
PENELOPE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
That's a bit rude and unkind. We planned our Fastpasses before we came and I am in no way a computer geek! We spend a lot of our money on these holidays so we plan to get the most out of the trip and the parks.

The new Fastpass + system is absolutely brilliant. We love it and we have managed to ride things more times than we would have done under the old system and we can have late starts in the parks so our kids can lie in as we book late Fastpasses that would have gone/ran out under the old system unless we had been at the park for it opening.

Anyway, we rode SDMT twice yesterday and it was great. The swinging sensation on the train makes for a very smooth ride. We still prefer BTM though.
Here, here. We struggled getting to the parks early somedays and it didn't matter because we already had our fp booked. Don't like the options for fp at Epcot but apart from that it works fine. We even changed our fast passes the day before or on the day sometimes so you don't need to be a computer geek to get the most out of the system. In the days before fp+ we wouldn't stand a chance of getting any decent fp after spending a morning in a water park let alone 3.

As far as 7dmt is concerned, you haven't missed much, the drawves aren't the only thing that are short, going through the fp queue means that you miss the theming in the queue, I believe it has some sort of games for you to play on, whereas the fp takes you straight to the ride. Still prefer bth and splash though.
PENELOPE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by john storey View Post
Just received reply from Disney regarding my 'rant' about the 'failings' of 'their WONDERFUL (sic) new FASTPASS+ system. As expected it was the standard thanks for your views, comments ect & we will pass it on. So only 10 days holiday to go without getting on any of the newbies (without waiting in line behind all the computer geeks for 3 hours). Anyone out there can tell me what the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is like?
I'm not really sure what you expected to get from Disney. Unless they see hotel occupancy or park attendance drop they won't do anything about it and it seems that for everyone who hates it there are at least 3 people who love it.
Also I'm not sure what you mean by "waiting in line behind all the computer geeks for 3 hours"?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh wow, I am happy to admit I am mrs organised when it comes to my once in a lifetime holiday and have spent many hours on the dibb and many other sites trying to make sure our holiday is the best it possibly can be. With as little stress as possible.

If that makes me a computer geek I am happy to be one! However with the reviews of the 7DMT I think if I don't get a fast pass when I can book it on Friday then I will be giving it a miss altogether. Hate a build up and then th disappointment xx
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Are you able to book the 3 Fp+ in different parks, for example one in MK, second one in Epcot and third AK on same day.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kylali View Post
Are you able to book the 3 Fp+ in different parks, for example one in MK, second one in Epcot and third AK on same day.
No, all 3 have to be in the same park. After you've used them, if you decide to go to another park you can book fast passes there, one at a time, using the kiosks, but it will only be for rides/attractions that still have fastpasses available (same as with the old system).

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ming
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Originally Posted by john storey View Post
Just received reply from Disney regarding my 'rant' about the 'failings' of 'their WONDERFUL (sic) new FASTPASS+ system. As expected it was the standard thanks for your views, comments ect & we will pass it on. So only 10 days holiday to go without getting on any of the newbies (without waiting in line behind all the computer geeks for 3 hours). Anyone out there can tell me what the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is like?
But surely the "computer geeks" won't be in line for 3 hours as they have a fast pass. Presumably those in the 3 hour line do not have fast passes.
Old 20 Aug 14, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Due to circumstances beyond our control we have not be able to book our holidays which start in less than 3 weeks. We are still hopeful that we will be able to book Florida but due to the FP set up we will not be doing Disney. I have no desire to spend even more of my precious holiday time standing in a queue made longer by not being able to get an on the day FP. I know you always have to expect queuing but it appears the new system has made standby lines longer than ever. You just need to look at the DIBBs wait-times listing to see how much time you would spend just waiting in a theme park which costs a lot to enter.
Good luck to,those of you who are so organised you know exactly what you want to do and when, some 2 months beforehand, it's just not for everyone.

Edited at 08:51 AM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My only gripe is that off siters are discriminated against and have to wait till 30 days before to book so all the good ones will likely be gone by then
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Not going until next year so so I can't comment on FP.

So many people seem to be moaning lately about the smallest of things😡, booking seats,FPs, accommodation, weather I could go on and sometimes I wonder if it is to moan for moans sake? Not everyone may I add nor aimed at the OP
I am aware that to them it may be a huge issue but in the bigger picture is it really worth getting worked up about and allowing all the negativity to affect your mood and holiday that you have no doubt saved up for and looked forward to for do long?
Where there is a problem there is always a solution, you may not like the solution but it's there, whether you choose it or not, your choice but if you don't opt for it and things don't go your way 😁
By all means grumble but to moan and rant about it 😳if you all want to sit together on the plane there is the option to pre book, if there are rides you want to ride then pre book FP, it's rainy season in August
And to reply with "why should I pay or I don't want to pre book etc", instead of moaning look for a workable solution there is one there folks, have a positive attitude it's more effective than a negative one 😄😃😀