Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

statue of liberty tickets

looking at tickets for SOL and it is $25 with statue of liberty tickets website for pedestal access and only $18 with Statue cruises website. They appear to offer the same things but the difference is huge. Does anyone know why, am I missing something?
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

No idea, but I went recently and booked via statue cruises. Loved the view from the pedestal!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Use statue cruises, they're the official supplier. Others broker tickets and add their markup. Buy from the official source.

When you turn up for your boat be prepared to go through airport type security before boarding.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by birdiesX4 View Post
looking at tickets for SOL and it is $25 with statue of liberty tickets website for pedestal access and only $18 with Statue cruises website. They appear to offer the same things but the difference is huge. Does anyone know why, am I missing something?
Statue cruises are excellent and has been said are the official supplier the only extra cost for Liberty and Ellis Islands is if you want to,go,to,the upper level of the statue. Use their website to book in advance and although we went through the security there was no restriction on rucksacks as we had been led to believe.
If you intend going on the the subway to battery park for the ferry ensure you are in the front 5 coaches as the remainder do not fit in the station.
Brian
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Thank you all for your brilliant advice. Will book with statue cruises.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

If you decide to go up to the torch, book early time slots, it gets really hot as the sun warms up the copper.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
If you decide to go up to the torch, book early time slots, it gets really hot as the sun warms up the copper.
Thanks for the advice although I think we will stick at the pedestal, DH has very dodgy knees and I'm not sure it would be a good idea for him. I know for sure the other couple want to go up to the crown or rather the husband does!
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

We have booked pedestal tickets with statue cruises - we go in just under 3 weeks.

The crown/pedestal tickets go on sale 6 months before but only have a limited number for each so you need to book early.

We have opted for a 9am time slot - thinking that as its August its going to be quite hot (well I hope so )

Happy planning
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Originally Posted by academy View Post
We have booked pedestal tickets with statue cruises - we go in just under 3 weeks.

The crown/pedestal tickets go on sale 6 months before but only have a limited number for each so you need to book early.

We have opted for a 9am time slot - thinking that as its August its going to be quite hot (well I hope so )

Happy planning
so does that time slot mean you get to the ferry port at Battery Park for 9am?
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by birdiesX4 View Post
so does that time slot mean you get to the ferry port at Battery Park for 9am?

That is the time of the ferry. This is our first time to New York and reading other dibbers tips and plans we plan to get there by about 8.15 as we are not sure how long the queue is going to be. You have to go through airport style security.

We have planned this for our first morning (see pre-trippie in signature) so I guess we will be up at stupid o'clock anyway
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread