Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

We have just been our children are 1,4 and 6. There favorite rides were

MK - magic carpets (which we rode 3 times with no fastpass, waited no longer then 10minutes but we did go to all parks early on each day) winnie pooh, peter pan and splash mountain which had big queues but we had fastpasses for the queues were touching an hour.

HS - star tours and toy story (toy story we had fastpass for as queue times always big for this)

AK - safari (had fastpass) they loved tricertop spins was 5 min wait

Epcot - test track (fastpass needed as queues were an hour plus for this) spaceship earth (fastpass but think queue was 15mins wait for non fastpasses) and nemo (fastpass but was only 10min wait)

I had a few days at each park planned - i fastpassed different rides each time and were their for opening and between 9-12 we managed to get a good chunk of rides done. Hope this helps and makes sence x

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Die_hard
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Amiee89 View Post
Epcot - test track (fastpass queues were an hour plus for this) spaceship earth (fastpass but think queue was 15mins wait for non fastpasses) and nemo (fastpass but was only 10min wait)

x
Wow, I hope that isn't the norm for FP queues!?! lol Guy at work told me 15 mins max...
Die_hard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Die_hard View Post
Wow, I hope that isn't the norm for FP queues!?! lol Guy at work told me 15 mins max...
Sorry i meant fastpass needed as queues a hour plus. With fastpass ya only wait around 10mins x
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazorina
Earning More Ears

I booked all my fast passes hour to hour or as close to the time as the last one as possible. The first one you will be on and off in no time then you could catch a show or jump in a 15 min stand by queue on the way to the next one.

This meant we could get lots done within a 3-4 hour window and if the kids were hot or tired we could leave. We achieved so much in our two weeks by using fast passes and just doing rides when we saw the queues were small. I had a fast pass for Toy story mania and when we came off the Stand by queue was 15 mins so we just did it again, caught the muppets show and then onto the next fast pass etc

If we used all our passes and the kids were still ok to carry on I would use the app to look for others or we would just wait in the stand by line for the ones they really liked, which even if they state 40mins + I think they move a bit quicker than they say, we never waited more than 30 mins in line even when they stated an hour.
Kazorina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Superbad View Post
This may seem a silly question but do all rides in the parks have queues?

I am currently planning our fast passes for June and just wondering about the time in between each fast pass etc and how much time we will spend in a queue. We have 2 young kids 6 and 4 so the less the better.

Getting the most popular rides isn't our top priority, for example I reckon the kids would pick Dumbo over 7DMT if they had a choice however we will be using the fast passes for the more popular rides if we can.

Only doing Disney parks.

TIA.
We were there for first time earlier this month.

Everything has queues most of the time, but sometimes something will almost inexplicably have a short queue.

First time we went on Dumbo we queued for 30minutes and it was quite a painstaking queue as they go because it is not constantly moving. Queue for teacups, small world or Winnie the Pooh was equally long most of the time.

We managed to get on these smaller rides more quickly only when we tried first thing or by booking as an additional FP during the day after we used up the first three. We felt we did a lot during ur say, but definitely thought this was my making most of FP system.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It's really hit and miss. We managed to ride dinosaur 6 times in a row earlier this month (middle of the day) but other days it had a 60 min wait
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the replies everyone, we will be utilising the FP for sure and then just playing it by ear (or the MDE app rather) on what comes in between and after.

Also nice to hear the kids favourite rides, will be noting these down.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List