Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 May 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Car choices - Disney Car Care Centre

Hi all, for our trip next year we’ve decided to pick up the car a few days into our stay rather than from the airport. I’m thinking of booking an intermediate SUV with Alamo which is down as a Toyota Rav-4 or similar. We’ve never used the CCC and I’ve read that you don’t get to pick from a line up like you do at MCO. I own a Mazda CX-5 currently which I absolutley adore and I would really want the same car out there. In fact, I’m only looking at the intermediate category because I know the CX-5 is part of the line up. My question is, with such a wide variety of models within each category, how do they decide which model to allocate to you at the CCC or is it just totally random? Does anyone know whether I’d be able to request a particular model and if so how? We’d be looking at booking with a Virgin again as price seems good for our dates. TIA!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The day you get there you may find loads of that model, or none. Luck of the draw.
To get something you want you need to chat to the desk clerk. Also there is a Guy out front who will help you.
But they give you keys inside so that's where the deal needs to be done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks. I suppose all I can do is hope they have some cx-5s when we get there. My husband thinks I’m being daft to be set on getting the same car, he says it could all have changed by the time we get there. I know he’s right but I’m not going to let him win by acknowledging his point 😀. Still it’s good to know I can talk to the desk clerk or the person outside if we don’t get what we want.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They normally have about 200 vehicles parked up of the various categories. They also have about 100 stacked on the grass at the old Richard Petty racetrack which is now gone. They will help with their onsite stock but not what is at Petty as it's too far away.

I have swapped a car out there twice due to punctures and got a Cadillac both times albeit they wanted me to have a Camero.
I couldn't have got in that car!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List