Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 May 17, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We were there watching it last night and it was absolutely brilliant. I was sad to see wishes go and was expecting to be disappointed but wow it was fantastic. So many fireworks and the music definitely gave me goosebumps... it was well worth facing the crowds for
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Just got back. I'll have to see it again to give it a chance. The sound was poor and could hardly hear. I suppose it will take awhile to iron out the bumps.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I read this thread yesterday but had held off watching the new show until last night as we held a little Happily Ever After party to watch it.
Boy how wrong this thread was, the new show is breathtaking!
We love Wishes and I was definitely a neigh sayer when they announced it was ending, Wishes is classic and effortless but the new show is in a word epic.
In no way have Disney cut costs or scaled down the show if anything it's bigger and better and definitely deserving of its place 😃
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Saw Fantasy in the Sky in 1999 and Wishes in 2014 and 2016. One day I really hope to see Happily Ever After. Not knowing what would happen, we did a fireworks cruise with friends in 2016 and made some magical memories thanks to the dibb. To all of you seeing it live at some point... enjoy! You lucky lucky people x
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think you need to see it in person before judging. I'm not watching any videos of it and waiting til we go in August.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
I think you need to see it in person before judging. I'm not watching any videos of it and waiting til we go in August.
This is my thought too, I'm having a self imposed Disney you tube ban from now until our trip!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

I am desperately trying to stop myself from watching it on video as i want to watch in real life first but it is soooooo tempting.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
manx_disney
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Watched this last night and it was so amazing in person! Was blubing by the time it had finished. They definitely haven't cut costs from what I've seen and the projections in person are out of this world timed perfectly with the fireworks. Got there 20 mins before and managed to snag the perfect viewing spot 😊 Xx
manx_disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There's no way you can know whether the fireworks are out of time with the music from a video. Sound is often out of sync on videos.

I was never a great lover of Wishes (just thought it was ok but definitely bottom of the three evening shows at WDW for me) and I think this new show looks and sounds incredible. I may be biased as I love Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hercules so the use of music from those films made me really happy but I think it's breathtaking. I cried at the end.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
k4tiemay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

What? Honestly I thought it looked incredible and like its going to cost about a trillion dollars a year to run it. I think once you're there the atmosphere is going to take over and you'll probably love it just as much as wishes.
Dreams is amazing, and if anything this looked better - technology has advanced in a few years I guess
k4tiemay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List