Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
The actual email was sent to select UK travel partners and did indeed start off "We are thrilled to announce" and concluded the website will be updated over the next few weeks.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
The actual email was sent to select UK travel partners and did indeed start off "We are thrilled to announce" and concluded the website will be updated over the next few weeks.
Ah, ok. Perhaps the first post could've included the above info - and not just a mention of an "insider" in a later post (which made the info sound a little dodgy to me) - and thus helped avoid some confusion. A copy of the email would've been even better.

Anyway, thanks for the update and the early announcement.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhen
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

andyhen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

maybe he should send you through his inside info first so you can edit it for him before he posts it.
andyhen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by andyhen View Post
maybe he should send you through his inside info first so you can edit it for him before he posts it.
Hah. Folk should know by now that I'm a bit pedantic.

I was merely questioning what was meant by "Disney have announced" when Disney hasn't announced it, at least not officially. You can see why people are being a bit doubtful (perhaps not here on the Dibb, but elsewhere) because of that.

Just seeking a bit of clarity, that's all.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

OK the cynic in me has woke up!
Wondering if this may be the demise of the re-fillable mugs at some later stage.
why?
save money.
In view of all their past cuts, savings, shaving things off here and there, I wondered if this experiment works, would they simply amend the TS and QSDP to include 1 beverage per meal only (possibly with refills for water, tea and coffee) BUT no refillable mugs unless you pay extra?

Just thinking out loud. I so hope they don't go down that road at some time in the future!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

That's a great change to the DDP!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
OK the cynic in me has woke up!
Wondering if this may be the demise of the re-fillable mugs at some later stage.
why?
save money.
In view of all their past cuts, savings, shaving things off here and there, I wondered if this experiment works, would they simply amend the TS and QSDP to include 1 beverage per meal only (possibly with refills for water, tea and coffee) BUT no refillable mugs unless you pay extra?

Just thinking out loud. I so hope they don't go down that road at some time in the future!
Considering you can buy the refillable mugs for the length of your stay for $17.99 (I think) it's not too costly for them to operate, so I don't think it's that.

The Dining plan has gone through so many changes over the years so this isn't surprising. We don't really drink (I think I had 2 alcoholic drinks on our last holiday) but it's not down to cost, so I don't think this change will make much of a difference to us. I guess they just think that if people have 1 alcoholic drink, they'd be more likely to buy more.

Or perhaps they're realising that, for the US market at least, buying the DDP often isn't cost effective, so they want more people to buy it, so they're tied in to staying within the Disney bubble to use their credits, therefore spending more.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I wonder how much the price will increase as a result of this change and what percentage of people on the dining plan will actually even be able to take advantage of the alcoholic beverage taking into account those under 21, drivers and those who just don't drink anyway.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I wonder how much the price will increase as a result of this change and what percentage of people on the dining plan will actually even be able to take advantage of the alcoholic beverage taking into account those under 21, drivers and those who just don't drink anyway.
It's not just alcohol though. There are now more non-alcoholic drink options for those who don't or legally can't imbide;

- Artisanal Milkshakes
- Fresh Smoothies
- Premium Hot chocolates
- Soda, Coffee, or Tea

So they don't really get the bum end of the deal.

Edited at 12:28 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

As this extends to QSDP which has no tipping culture, what will the procedure be for QS wine or beer? Will they be served in paper cups or would tips be expected?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List