Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 Apr 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Magic Bands

Are Magic Bands worth buying if you are staying off site? Not travelling with kids. What are the pros and cons over having them rather than tickets?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We bought them when off site as it was easier than getting your ticket out each time you entered the park or scanned for a ride picture/memory maker photo.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I probably would not buy them if I were not staying on site. they are very convenient in terms of not having to carry tickets ect but if you are offsite then you will be carrying keys, cash ect so I doubt you will really save anything.
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They’re handy for FP as you don’t need to get your ticket out every time. I think I’d buy them even if staying offsite.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

There are 2 main perks of having magic bands

- if you have memory maker, you'll get inride pictures automatically added to your MDX account, and you will get some videos. And for some rides you'll only get the pictures if you have a magic band.

- you don't have to take your ticket out for entry, FP+ and pictures.

if you're not fussed about those 2 things, then you'll be as fine not buying one
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Romanoff13
Proud to wear my Ears

We bought them last time (4 adults) and we're going to buy them again this time. After day 1 I never needed to get my ticket out of my bag. No trying to keep hold of it on rides when I'd used the fastpass queue and no trying to find it in my bag after having photos taken. It's waterproof so no need to take it off for shower/swimming etc. I kept mine on for the entire two weeks and thought it was brilliant.
My card Universal ticket however, had to be replaced before I could get back into the park one day after a particularly heavy downpour...
Old 24 Apr 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks all. Might be worthwhile then to help things run smoother!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyismad
Trying for More Ears

Can I ask where you purchase them from?
Allyismad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Allyismad View Post
Can I ask where you purchase them from?
You can buy them in the Disney shop as you arrive at MCO, in the pin trading shop at Disney Springs and shops around the Disney parks. They’ll link your MDE account for you when you buy them.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyismad
Trying for More Ears

Thank you.
Allyismad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List