Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 May 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Luggage

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I apologise if this has been asked before.

We are looking at traveling to Orlando for two weeks, there will be 7 of us in our party. We want to hire a 7 seater from the airport for the entire stay.

As you can imagine there will be a lot of luggage. We only want to hire one vehicle so we can all travel together, now not everyone and the luggage could possibly all fit in a 7 seater. Does anyone know if there is a service you can use to have all your luggage transferred from the airport to your villa and then collected from the villa on the day of departure and taken to the airport?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why not load the 7 seater (like a van) and get 4 of your group to get a taxi?

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Are you heading to Disney? If so some of you could use the magical express?
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Our villa will be approximately an hours drive from the airport, think a taxi would be expensive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

In the past I have done what someone has mentioned, I took all the cases and the rest of the party got a pre booked taxi. We were staying on the US27,near Caggans Cross Walmart and it cost $100
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I think a 7 seater for 7 is going to be uncomfortable. If it was me I would get a 12 seater.

However if you are happy with that class I suggest 3 passengers grab an Uber, fraction of the cost of a cab.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kevandgem View Post
Hi everyone,

... there will be a lot of luggage. We only want to hire one vehicle so we can all travel together, ...

Does anyone know if there is a service you can use to have all your luggage transferred from the airport to your villa and then collected from the villa on the day of departure and taken to the airport?
To answer your specific question, yes...there are firms like Bags Inc for this very purpose. But not cheap.

And if its essential everyone travel in one vehicle, but you'd prefer not to upsize to a 12 seater, or follow Mr Tom Morrow's suggestion, then googling for this firm and competitors will likely give you a solution

But most of the replies here offer good answers - just jump an Uber and let some of the party haul the luggage in your selected car.

A 7 seater WILL be cramped for 7 folk though, during everyday travel.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

cheapest option will probably be to hire an additional car for first and last day, I'm not sure on the details but I have heard if you hire a certain grade car from avis you can swap for any car in the swap bay so may be able to get something more interesting/fun for your one day rentals.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Personally I would bet a bigger 12 seater, having traveled with 5 adults and 2 children and luggage (roofbox) in a 7 seater from Wakefield to a Thomsons caravan site 1 hour away from DLP (would have been cheaper to stay onsite, but that's another story) I would NEVER EVER do it again. We just couldn't move, and this wasn't in the heat of Florida.

This year there are 5 adults going, DD & DS are both taller than me so count them as adults, and we have booked a 7 seater to give us some breathing space.

You say it's your first post so apologise if you've been before but...
The roads are big so no need to worry about struggling with a large vehicle and everyone goes at a much slower pace over there so we've found not so much road rage if you are getting used to the vehicle

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. I think a 7 seater for 7 is going to be uncomfortable. If it was me I would get a 12 seater.

However if you are happy with that class I suggest 3 passengers grab an Uber, fraction of the cost of a cab.
I agree although i dont think you can get a 12 seater at MCO we had to get a 15 seater (we took out the back seats when we got to the Villa).
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List