Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 13 Jul 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I came back from visiting Universal last week and I am a size 20. I went on both of the Harry Potter rides and found the seats fine. I am sure you will be too, have a great time 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for reassuring me.
So I should ask the cast member at loading just to point me to a larger seat?
Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Thanks
Yes that's what I did. Not sure they have them for the Pandora one but definitely ask for universal rides. Right when you get to the front of the line.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Thanks
You can, as the end seat is slightly larger so more comfortable on FJ but I would have fitted in the other seats (bit tighter though). I don't know about Pandora ride but Disney cm's are very helpful so I am sure if you asked they would discreetly help. Have a great trip 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

i've read so much on thedibbs and got so much help from the threads so I wanted to share my experience with the Coasters in Universal, BG and Seaworld.

When I rode all the coasters a few years ago I was about 22/24 and my height is 5'4"

Hulk, Dragon Challenge (so sad that this one is closing), Kumba, Kraken, Montu and SheiKra are all from the same manufacturer (B&M) with the same type of seats. So if you fit in one of them its very likely you'll fit in the others too.
Back then I fit in all of the above in the bigger seats, expect from Kumba, because there are no bigger seats on that one.

Mako is from B&M, too but the seats are different. I've never been on Mako but the "same types" of coaster is the Silverstar in the EuropaPark in Germany or the Raging Bull Coaster in Six Flags Great America. I could not ride the Silverstar years ago but the Raging Bull was fine in May (my size now is 20/22). So i think it depends on how you are built.

Manta is another B&M Coaster but the seats on this one are different, too. There are no bigger seats but I did ride Manta. The seats have an overhead restrain, that locks a bolt inside the armrests. It was a tight fit but I felt very secure in this seat.

Cheeta Hunt and Falcons Fury are both from the manufacturer Intamin. On CH there are no bigger seats but I was fine on that one. (Same type of seats are in the Maverick in Six Flags Great America)
The seats on FF are very comfortable, because there is enough space for the bottom half.

Harry Potter
I could not ride the Forbidden Journey the last time we were there but I hope i can go on this November when we go again.
Though I was fine on the Escape from Gringotts.

I could also not go on the Revenge of the Mummy ride...

When you search the Internet for the Coasters Test Seats you'll get an idea of the dimensions. There are pictures from almost every test seat...

An other helpful advise: Let someone else push the bar/restrain down for you. I get into the seat an my hubby pushes down for me before he seats himself. From the outside you have so much more control of the bar or restrain and you can focus yourself on get into the seat right. This way you are not depended on the strength of the CM.

I hope I could help you all with my experience...

btw. I'm sorry for all my grammar and spelling errors... english is not my first language...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
addicted to disney
Trading Disney Pins

harry potter

i am 5-9 ad around 20stone the only ride I have had trouble with is harry potter anyone know if they have added any larger seat yet
Have a good time living your dream -1999 villa kissimee-2001 hawthorn suites2002 quality inn international-2004 quality inn international--2005 quality inn international-2006 villa legacy park-2007 pop century-2008 pop century& cruise-2009 pop century-2010 rosen pointe Orlando-2012 rosen pointe Orlando-2017 port orleans riverside-2018 Disney all sports-2020 port orleans riverside
addicted to disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Got back a couple of weeks ago and here's my experience, hope it helps someone.

I'm an 18 up top, and a size 20 down the bottom with a bit of a pooh middle!

I have to say that CM were very discreet with you wanting to try the tester seats out, and I thought it would embarrassing but it wasn't. Far better to try before getting to the ride to find out you can't fit.

Universal

Harry Potter & Forbidden Journey - I tried the tester seat outside and although I would have fitted in the middle seats they would have been tight, so the CM said I should ask for the outside seats, and this was perfect for me.

Gringotts - Again tester seat was fine, the first time I rode it, it was fine and I think we were in row 6, but the next time we rode and asked for the larger seats we were given row 1.
Now this row was alot smaller and tighter than the previous row, although I did fit.

Jurassic Park - Lap bar that came down, although its for the whole row and I pity any real smaller persons in the row as the bar will stop at the largest person in the row! But it was okay.

Dudley Doo Right Falls - if I had seen the tester seat before riding, we probably would not have ridden.
Its a very tight fit, almost claustrophobic if you are a plump person, next time I do it, I intend to be smaller!

Disney -

I had no problems with any of the rides at Disney.

I tried the test seat at Flight of Passage and it locked, with me beaming from ear to ear, and the actual ride seat locked as well, I couldn't stop grinning because I was so sure that I would be unable to ride this ride.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

I am 5'4" and a size 24.

I just wanted to mention that I went on Flight of Passage and was fine - although the leg "hugging" bit was a bit snug on my calves. I think I have very very short legs and the ride seemed to be trying to close in on the chubbiest part of my lower leg. I just raised my leg on tip toes a bit (if that makes sense) and then I was fine as it seem to move the "problem" area out of the tight part of the restraint. If you do this bear in mind that once the ride was fully locked I wouldn't have been able to readjust my leg - so make sure you are comfortable before you start.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kay159
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Question about Mako. Size 20 /22 hips 51" and thighs 29". Am I likely to do the walk of shame? Any issues at Busch Gardens. Anot attempting Universal, im the designated babysitter lol
kay159 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dazzaii
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I am in Disney at the moment, now for large men, I am 6,2 and 23 stone (not all muscle :-). )

So far I managed to get on hulk, just.
Could not get on Gringotts but a cast member told me those are not the bigger seats and if u ask for row 3 seats are bigger. Queue was over an hour so did not try. Will update when/if I do try.

Could not get on forbidden journey, but was close. Because I did not fit on my whole family got a fast pass for the ride, which was greatfully received.

Flight of passage, I tried the test seat and according to the wife I just Fit, have fast passes tomorrow so will find out.

Also did not fit on rip ride rocket, but again I was close to getting on.

Will update when I have tried others
dazzaii is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List