Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 24, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer
 
SquishTheWhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Location: Milton Keynes
Bluestone Wales

Has anyone been here please? I have some holiday days to use by the end of March so looking at a cheap few days somewhere with my son.
We go to Center Parcs quite a bit but I've heard a lot about Bluestone. It's cheaper than CP. Has anyone had any experiences please?
From what I can see the pool looks nowhere near as good so we'd be prepared for that, but there seems to be more indoor play areas which would be good for March.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
truffles
Getting Excited
 
truffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11

truffles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have been twice and are going again in June ! We love it and have the best time! We havenít stayed at CP so canít compare but the amount of stuff at Bluestone is fantastatic!
The serendome is great ( covered so when it rains it doesnít matter)! They have great shows and workshops for the kids xx The Hive is a big indoor play area which is great!
They have a spa which I love as a treat for me x we order a golf buggy to get found the site xx
Loads of beautiful places to visit in Tenby and Pembrokeshire x

We love it 🥰
__________________
2012-cruise/Rosen Inn@pointe 2013- Cruise/Rosen Inn@Pointe
2018-RosenInn@pointe/AKL/Cabana Bay
2025- Cabana Bay/AKL

[/SIGPIC[SIGPIC]]
truffles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
SquishTheWhale
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
SquishTheWhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Location: Milton Keynes
Originally Posted by truffles View Post
We have been twice and are going again in June ! We love it and have the best time! We havenít stayed at CP so canít compare but the amount of stuff at Bluestone is fantastatic!
The serendome is great ( covered so when it rains it doesnít matter)! They have great shows and workshops for the kids xx The Hive is a big indoor play area which is great!
They have a spa which I love as a treat for me x we order a golf buggy to get found the site xx
Loads of beautiful places to visit in Tenby and Pembrokeshire x

We love it 🥰
Thank you! What are the activity prices like please? I saw the kind of things they offer on the website but no prices.

At CP you'd pay around £25pp for a 30 mins high ropes, £100 for a 60 min massage, £15ish for a kids art workshop
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
truffles
Getting Excited
 
truffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11

truffles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Iím not home at the moment but will ask my husband to share some details off the app when I am leave it with me
__________________
2012-cruise/Rosen Inn@pointe 2013- Cruise/Rosen Inn@Pointe
2018-RosenInn@pointe/AKL/Cabana Bay
2025- Cabana Bay/AKL

[/SIGPIC[SIGPIC]]
truffles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
SquishTheWhale
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
SquishTheWhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Location: Milton Keynes
Originally Posted by truffles View Post
Iím not home at the moment but will ask my husband to share some details off the app when I am leave it with me
Thank you! No rush, just curious if the activities are cheaper than CP too
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
miked1e
Imagineer
 
miked1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We have been a couple of times and would highly recommend!

How old is your son?

We have only ever been over New Year so not all of the outdoor activities have been open, however, my opinion is that compared to Center Parcs it is a good option and aimed maybe more at slightly younger children.

We have stayed in the village and then also further out (hiring a golf buggy - great fun).

I know they have invested again since we last went pre-covid so even more options.

But yes, the pool area should not be compared with CP.
__________________
Mike
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
SquishTheWhale
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
SquishTheWhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Location: Milton Keynes
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
We have been a couple of times and would highly recommend!

How old is your son?

We have only ever been over New Year so not all of the outdoor activities have been open, however, my opinion is that compared to Center Parcs it is a good option and aimed maybe more at slightly younger children.

We have stayed in the village and then also further out (hiring a golf buggy - great fun).

I know they have invested again since we last went pre-covid so even more options.

But yes, the pool area should not be compared with CP.
My sons just turning 4! He loves CP but it can be a bit limited in the winter apart from swimming
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
miked1e
Imagineer
 
miked1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
My sons just turning 4! He loves CP but it can be a bit limited in the winter apart from swimming
Exactly, have only ever done CP and Bluestone in the Winter months (until last year when we went to Longleat CP in august) and found the same with CP but more for that age in the winter in Bluestone.

I would say Bluestone is perfect for ages 4-8... again, not been in the summer when I guess more outdoor activities available.
__________________
Mike
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
truffles
Getting Excited
 
truffles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11

truffles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So husband just checked

High ropes through the forest - 2 hrs - over 10ís - £25 each

Sky walk course in the serendome - 1.5 hrs- Age 8 plus - £30 each

Mini sky walk in serendome - 3-8 years - £12.95 ( is the lowest level of bigger course but designed for little ones)

Nature Art - 3 hrs - age 4-7 - includes foraging for materials in the forest with rangers , using these materials to make masks and other art pieces back at base camp , lunch included - £32

Secret village - Finding the fairy villages throughout the forest and looking for welsh hobbits , with a fairy as your guide, story telling - £20 - 1 hr aimed at 2+

Axe throwing - 10+ - £15

Glowlane bowling - pay for a lane for upto 6 people - £25 for the lane

Obviously lots more to do but just as an example of different activities and costs.
__________________
2012-cruise/Rosen Inn@pointe 2013- Cruise/Rosen Inn@Pointe
2018-RosenInn@pointe/AKL/Cabana Bay
2025- Cabana Bay/AKL

[/SIGPIC[SIGPIC]]
truffles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 24, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
SquishTheWhale
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
SquishTheWhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 18
Location: Milton Keynes
Originally Posted by truffles View Post
So husband just checked

High ropes through the forest - 2 hrs - over 10ís - £25 each

Sky walk course in the serendome - 1.5 hrs- Age 8 plus - £30 each

Mini sky walk in serendome - 3-8 years - £12.95 ( is the lowest level of bigger course but designed for little ones)

Nature Art - 3 hrs - age 4-7 - includes foraging for materials in the forest with rangers , using these materials to make masks and other art pieces back at base camp , lunch included - £32

Secret village - Finding the fairy villages throughout the forest and looking for welsh hobbits , with a fairy as your guide, story telling - £20 - 1 hr aimed at 2+

Axe throwing - 10+ - £15

Glowlane bowling - pay for a lane for upto 6 people - £25 for the lane

Obviously lots more to do but just as an example of different activities and costs.
Thank you so much! Seems pretty similar to CP prices
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DIBB Savings
AttractionTickets.com

Get £10 off each Disney Ticket with the code ATDIBB10

Get up to £50 off per room at Disney or Universal with the code DIBBHOTELS


theDIBB Blog
SeaWorld Orlando announce the grand opening of its highly anticipated new attraction, Penguin Trek, on... Read More »
A day at Discovery Cove is always a highlight of our trips to Orlando. Some... Read More »
The newest hotel around Disney’s Boardwalk area is the Swan Reserve, which opened 3rd November... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2356
CaxtonFX  $1.2290
Covent Garden FX  $1.2550
FAIRFX  $1.2388
John Lewis  $1.2412
M&S  $1.2224
Post Office  $1.2205
Sainsburys  $1.2353
TESCO  $1.2363
Travelex  $1.2403
Updated: 04:00 22/06/2024
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1567
CaxtonFX  €1.1491
Covent Garden FX  €1.1632
FAIRFX  €1.1571
John Lewis  €1.1585
M&S  €1.1403
Post Office  €1.1385
Sainsburys  €1.1560
TESCO  €1.1574
Travelex  €1.1589
Updated: 04:00 22/06/2024

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X