UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 30 Mar 24, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Where to stay in Northumberland

Thinking of booking a dog friendly cottage for a week in March next year. Itís an area Iíve never visited. I like the look of Bamburgh, Alnwick but also would love to see Kielder area. I havenít got a clue where would be a good base. Will have DS joining from Notts & his GF from Newcastle. Close to some nice walks but also near shopís restaurants and some life when Iím there on my own. Many thanks.
Old 30 Mar 24, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

coastalcottages-northumberland/
I can highly recommend Amble as a great base to explore.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 24, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've got a stay booked in Morpeth, that could also be an option as it's not as far up the coast as Alnwick and has a train station for trains to Newcastle.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 24, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
coastalcottages-northumberland/
I can highly recommend Amble as a great base to explore.
Will have a look thankyou.
Old 30 Mar 24, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I've got a stay booked in Morpeth, that could also be an option as it's not as far up the coast as Alnwick and has a train station for trains to Newcastle.
Thankyou. My DS & GF love it there.
Old 31 Mar 24, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Clarey101
Proud to wear my Ears

I love Northumberland. We usually stay in the bamburgh / Seahouses area. Seahouses has everything you need, takeaways, gift shops, co-op for food. From Seahouses- Bamburgh is one way, Beadnell is the other. Bamburgh has the best beach. Itís one of my favourite places 😀
Clarey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 24, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

We had a lovely stay at Beadnell Bay last year. Very dog friendly beach.

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 24, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We stay either Seahouses or Bamburgh as we love the walk from either end of the beach to the other with the dog along the fantastic beach. Beadnell has some nice cottages that are dog friendly too. I'd move to that area were we younger. Some great places to visit around the are & as dog friendly as Norfolk coast too
Old 31 Mar 24, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Canít recommend any cottages, we live near Morpeth and lots of nice places to eat there. We have Cresswell/Duridge bay a mile away and itís a fantastic beach, drift inn cafe is really good and popular with dog walkers.
Also Duridge bay country park, Tranwell woods, Cragside, wallington hall all lovely walks.

Edited at 12:27 PM.
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 24, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

We stay in Alnwick, Seahouses and Bamburgh. We have a dog and he loved it too. The beaches are amazing, especially Bamburgh with the castle. We did a boat trip to The Farne Islands, the dog loved it.
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List