Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
London tips

Hi all,

A colleague and I have to entertain a couple of male visitors over from India on Saturday in London.

They have done a day already and walked themselves round

Big Ben
Tower Bridge
Buckingham Palace
London Eye

They arrive into Euston around 10, and will be around til 5/6.

I was thinking maybe Camden for an hour or so.

Lunch somewhere?

Any hints or ideas?

We can't get in the sky garden and would prefer lower budget ideas
Old 15 May 24, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Horizon 22 is free

horizon22/visit/
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 24, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
I used to organise these things when we had customers over and it depends on a few things on how you conduct the day. Try to discover what their cuisine is like (eg are they vegetarian for example?). I have coupled a visit to the Tower of London with a lunch/early dinner at Cafe Spice - but I just discovered that it has moved. Our guests were all very happy with discovering history and I often asked them what they wanted to do before they arrived just so I could book tickets. They will appreciate being asked questions. You could walk from Trafalgar Square (National Gallery?), down to Houses of Parliament, across Westminster Bridge, do the London Eye and carry on down past the Globe Theatre to Borough Market and explore the street food scene. That would be a reasonably long walk and you could then go to the George Inn - the oldest galleried pub in London or up to the Golden Hinde - a replica ship in a dock near London Bridge.

Edited to say that I had a toddler hanging round my neck while writing this and I saw that they have done Big Ben, etc. Museums are a good free activity but I would still ask them what food they prefer because it can be difficult for guests to get used to our palates. See if Dishoom would work.

Edited at 10:06 AM.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 24, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Camden on a Saturday, especially if the weather is good, will be very, very packed.
You could get the Uber clipper down to Greenwich and have a walk around there. There are the museums in beautiful grounds, the Cutty Sark and you could walk up through the park to the Royal Observatory. There are lots of nice places to eat in Greenwich too and some lovely food and drink stalls within Greenwich market.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 24, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Horizon 22 is free

horizon22/visit/
Unfortunately it is fully booked but I'll try on the day
Old 15 May 24, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
I used to organise these things when we had customers over and it depends on a few things on how you conduct the day. Try to discover what their cuisine is like (eg are they vegetarian for example?). I have coupled a visit to the Tower of London with a lunch/early dinner at Cafe Spice - but I just discovered that it has moved. Our guests were all very happy with discovering history and I often asked them what they wanted to do before they arrived just so I could book tickets. They will appreciate being asked questions. You could walk from Trafalgar Square (National Gallery?), down to Houses of Parliament, across Westminster Bridge, do the London Eye and carry on down past the Globe Theatre to Borough Market and explore the street food scene. That would be a reasonably long walk and you could then go to the George Inn - the oldest galleried pub in London or up to the Golden Hinde - a replica ship in a dock near London Bridge.

Edited to say that I had a toddler hanging round my neck while writing this and I saw that they have done Big Ben, etc. Museums are a good free activity but I would still ask them what food they prefer because it can be difficult for guests to get used to our palates. See if Dishoom would work.
Hi thankyou- we do know them. They eat meat and drink alcohol.

They don't like our Indian food much and are happy to skip that for the day and eat whatever.

They are young and fit but don't walk like we do, nearly killed them with a trip round liverpool and we only did 16k steps

I think the london bridge area would be good as they can see the shard which is our head office
Old 15 May 24, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
London Bridge area can take up quite a while. Hope it goes well.
Old 15 May 24, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

How about Battersea Power Station. You can go up the towers and you can get s boat taxi there (have been to there but not done the boat nor towers but my son has and loves it over there)

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 24, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
London Bridge area can take up quite a while. Hope it goes well.
Thankyou! Really hope it doesn't as it is the only area of London I really ever go to as our office is there. I find Borough Market pants

Thanks so much for your help
Old 15 May 24, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Camden on a Saturday, especially if the weather is good, will be very, very packed.
You could get the Uber clipper down to Greenwich and have a walk around there. There are the museums in beautiful grounds, the Cutty Sark and you could walk up through the park to the Royal Observatory. There are lots of nice places to eat in Greenwich too and some lovely food and drink stalls within Greenwich market.
I was worried about Camden being busy, but thought of getting there straight from Euston after their train in the hope of it not being too bad
I had thought about trying to find some Harry Potter bits and bobs as they all comment on my water bottles.
Greenwich is a lovely idea though. I haven't been in years