Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 May 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I’ve just discovered your trip report so I’m really looking forward to settling down to read it.

I remember reading your posts last year, we were in Orlando at roughly the same time as you were. We did just over 3 weeks too with a couple of them at the Beach Club and a week at a villa.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the photo of the view from your room, we were in 4567 so we were just along the corridor! We booked a garden view room too so the view of the lake was a bonus! Can’t believe we could have met our first dibbers!

Loving your trip report so far, I did do a Highs and Lows list on the plane on the way home but I didn’t ever get round to posting it I always think I will do a trip report then forget all about taking photos and notes when we get there.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I’ve just discovered your trip report so I’m really looking forward to settling down to read it.

I remember reading your posts last year, we were in Orlando at roughly the same time as you were. We did just over 3 weeks too with a couple of them at the Beach Club and a week at a villa.

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the photo of the view from your room, we were in 4567 so we were just along the corridor! We booked a garden view room too so the view of the lake was a bonus! Can’t believe we could have met our first dibbers!

Loving your trip report so far, I did do a Highs and Lows list on the plane on the way home but I didn’t ever get round to posting it I always think I will do a trip report then forget all about taking photos and notes when we get there.
Haha. How strange is that? You could have been the first Dibber we'd ever met too! We were really pleased with the balcony and view as we don't usually get that lucky.
Hope you had a great trip? My note taking didn't last very long but I was determined to do a trip report to look back on years to come especially as it was our first major holiday with all the kids.

If you stick with reading it please excuse the poor spelling, poor grammar and the bits that make no sense. I have had a chance to read back through it all since I posted it and realise now that it shows me as being barely literate! Proof reading would have been a very good idea

I have just noticed that our countdowns are virtually Identical again! Are your plans firmed up? Could we be near neighbours again at any point?
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Haha. How strange is that? You could have been the first Dibber we'd ever met too! We were really pleased with the balcony and view as we don't usually get that lucky.
Hope you had a great trip? My note taking didn't last very long but I was determined to do a trip report to look back on years to come especially as it was our first major holiday with all the kids.

If you stick with reading it please excuse the poor spelling, poor grammar and the bits that make no sense. I have had a chance to read back through it all since I posted it and realise now that it shows me as being barely literate! Proof reading would have been a very good idea

I have just noticed that our countdowns are virtually Identical again! Are your plans firmed up? Could we be near neighbours again at any point?

I regularly post things and then read them back and realise I’ve missed a letter or word or that I have spelt something wrong, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m really enjoying it so far, I keep have a wee look in the background of your photos to see if we’ve unintentionally photo bombed

Are you going back again next July? No way, how spooky is that! We usually go in October but our daughter is off to university summer is the only time we can go now. Not sure how we’ll cope with the heat and humidity but we’ll give it our best shot

We’ve not booked flights yet, I’m waiting for them to be released but I think the cost of July flights might end me if this years prices are anything to go by! We are hoping to fly out on either the 2, 3 or 4 July, it’ll just depend when I can get the best price.

We’ve booked a dibb villa and I also booked Coronado Springs last week when free dining was released as I was trying to keep the budget at a reasonable level but the rest of the family had other ideas They loved staying so close to Epcot, Hollywood Studios & the Boardwalk last year so we’ve moved the booking. We fancied the Boardwalk but it was more expensive than I expected so we’ve gone for the Yacht Club for the guaranteed full balcony.

I still have a few days at Universal to book but I’ll do it once we’ve secured flights.

I’ve been looking at tickets today, jeez they just get more and more expensive every year

Enjoy the rest of your planning
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I have just noticed you guys are staying YC too, we are not stalking you...honest

We’re not staying there till the end of our trip, we’re going to have a couple of weeks at a villa first.
Old 8 May 19, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I have just noticed you guys are staying YC too, we are not stalking you...honest

We’re not staying there till the end of our trip, we’re going to have a couple of weeks at a villa first.
We are only staying onsite for 5 nights at the start of our holiday this time then 3 weeks in a villa. I was intending to book a moderate too but there was no availability shown on rooms for 5 on release night so i punted for BC again. I then saw YC come available so I switched for the balcony guarantee too. Since then some moderates have become available but when I suggested to the others about changing it didn't go down well
We will be flying out on 1st July. I'm fairly confident we will get some decent prices as it's before the school summer holidays start and saw some pretty good ones for this year. Will consider indirect for the right bargain!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It's always a relief when travel day is over and you finally arrive.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It's always a relief when travel day is over and you finally arrive.
Definitely. We all countdown to travel day for so long and then when it arrives we just want to get for over with!