Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Jan 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Kennedy space centre anti gravity

Hi. We are planning to go KSC. I’ve heard there’s so much to do already just by the basic package of ticket. But my daughter n nephew really want to experience the anti gravity chamber. Not sure if there’s a package that includes it? Or do I have their add it to our ticket on arrival. Has anyone ever tried it? Is it worth it?
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

GoofyK, do you mean the Launch experience or the Astronaut training experience? If the former then it’s included in the admission price, the latter is an add on and is $175pp 😮
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Budmiester View Post
GoofyK, do you mean the Launch experience or the Astronaut training experience? If the former then it’s included in the admission price, the latter is an add on and is $175pp 😮
Do u know what does the astronaut training experience includes? Does the add on needs to be pre book or can I just add it on the day?
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Hi GoofyK, I've had a look and found what I think you are looking for on the official Kennedy website, go to kennedyspacecenter and go to Astronaut Training Experience on the ticket page , there is a link to a ticket for Spacewalk Training Experience which is training in simulated micro gravity, this is $30 pp on top of your general admission . I'd personally book in advance from Kennedy directly. When do you think you'll be going to Kennedy as I'm doing my ritual visit at the end of April, I can ask if you need to book or can turn up on the day.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Hi GoofyK, I've had a look and found what I think you are looking for on the official Kennedy website, go to kennedyspacecenter and go to Astronaut Training Experience on the ticket page , there is a link to a ticket for Spacewalk Training Experience which is training in simulated micro gravity, this is $30 pp on top of your general admission . I'd personally book in advance from Kennedy directly. When do you think you'll be going to Kennedy as I'm doing my ritual visit at the end of April, I can ask if you need to book or can turn up on the day.
We are going in July. Yes pls if you could ask I really appreciated. Thank u so much ☺️

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Old 12 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
We are going in July. Yes pls if you could ask I really appreciated. Thank u so much ☺️
Not a problem I absolutely love anything about space and I've managed to do quite a few tours at KSC, enjoyed every one of them
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not a problem I absolutely love anything about space and I've managed to do quite a few tours at KSC, enjoyed every one of them
Which one would u say it’s ur favourite?
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Which one would u say it’s ur favourite?
It would be the “ Then and Now” tour which I think no longer runs, it’s a tour of the historic launch sites such as the pad where Alan Shepard became the first American in space. You get to see inside the launch blockhouses and control rooms. Fascinating history everywhere you go.
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

It would be the “ Then and Now” tour which I think no longer runs, it’s a tour of the historic launch sites such as the pad where Alan Shepard became the first American in space. You get to see inside the launch blockhouses and control rooms. Fascinating history everywhere you go.
I did that tour when I was at KSC 18 months ago. It does depend on who leads the tour, I found the first 30 minutes interesting (visiting the blockhouses) and the last 60 mins some of the most boring and mind-numbing it could possibly be.

It does take you to the Apollo 1 launch site, and it's a real shame to see how it hasn't been looked after and that the families of the Astronauts had to fund an area of reflection, rather than NASA itself.
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This is interesting.
We have been before however it was the day after a hurricane so parts of the centre were closed. We managed to get the bus to one area but even that was had slight damage so the outside area was cordoned off.

We are going back this year but in all honesty I didn’t feel we could spend a day there. Atlantis was amazing to see but that was the best bit.
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List